Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Jeep Parts Classifieds | 5/16 steel cable Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
Troy352
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 26 March 2013 15:59  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Our sister company rents Skyclimber suspended scaffolding systems (the work platforms you see hanging on the sides of buildings) All these platforms are hung by 5/16 wire rope and by standards are only allowed to use the cables so many times. They are currently sitting on 55,000 ft of used cable that is like new to us. They are wanting to sell the cable for $0.15 a foot. They have all kinds of lengths. If anyone is interested let me know. Would be great for winches but you would need to find your own ends.
Mschillingii
Festus, MO
Online Member
Posted - 2 July 2013 18:47  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
do they still have? do you know the lb rating?

1994 Zj 4.0 auto, "tight squeeze"

hucklburry
St. Charles, MO
Online Member
Posted - 6 July 2013 9:25  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
It varies a little by manufacturer, and certainly by construction of the rope.

If its 6x37 IWRC EIPS rope, 5/16 nominal breaking strength is roughly a little over 10,000# and a safe working load limit is a little over 2000# -- the WLL takes into account a shock load, so its a really good # to use when lifting. Winching is a little different than lifting though.

It could be different construction and a little less than these #s.

Troy352
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 6 July 2013 9:56  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
They have tons of it. The rope is made by Skyclimber so you can probably find it on their site.
Mschillingii
Festus, MO
Online Member
Posted - 6 July 2013 14:24  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
um, what lengths are they wanting to sell it in? i'm wanting to use it on the winch on my trailer, so shouldn't be beat up to much, you can call or text me at 314 623 5561

1994 Zj 4.0 auto, "tight squeeze"

BulletProof
Kingwood, TX
Online Member
Posted - 6 July 2013 16:58  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
http://www.skyclimber.com/eng/wire-rope.html
Troy352
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 9 July 2013 21:45  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
They have all lengths. They can cut a piece to any size. Call Goedecke 314-652-1810 and ask for Steve Huenke. He can help you.
Forums | Jeep Parts Classifieds | 5/16 steel cable Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed