Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | SWB Technical Forum | Lift Help... Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
Clancy - Tater
Soulard, MO
Online Member
Posted - 13 June 2013 14:19  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I just got a 95 YJ and want to do the Spring over axel lift. Kooter was showing me his when he checked out my Jeep, but I forgot to get more information. Can anyone on here point me in the right direction on this "lift"
I know I need a bracket welding on top of the axel to hold the leaf springs and new shocks... I saw a kit that had new leaf springs and shocks.. are those worth it or just use the old leafs? Can anyone weld this bracket for me?

Tater

Crush Orange '12 Unlimited

little95-YJ
Hart of the barn. AKA Barnhart, MO
Online Member
Posted - 13 June 2013 17:34  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Your going to need shocks u-bolts drop pitman arm maybe an add a leaf or new springs. 4 spring perches you can get those at SCP in high ridge or where ever else. Longer brake lines SYE new rear drive shaft. This is if you are working from stock i don't know exactly what your Jeep has going on.I am sure others will chime in. While this is a long list of stuff might be better in the long run then a standard off the shelf lift kit.
Clancy - Tater
Soulard, MO
Online Member
Posted - 1 July 2013 12:23  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Your speaking a bit out of my knowledge range. Hahahaha

Everything is stock on this bad boy. I saw a skyjacker 4 inch lift on quadratec for 750, but didnt know if I could get by cheaper having some help finding what I need.

Tater

Crush Orange '12 Unlimited

Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 3 July 2013 4:23  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
A SOA (spring over axle) lift is generally not easy or cheap, especially when compared to a SUA (spring under axle) lift. If you're on a budget and/or limited skills/knowledge, it's often best to install a 4" SUA lift.
little95-YJ
Hart of the barn. AKA Barnhart, MO
Online Member
Posted - 3 July 2013 17:31  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
if you go a Bounty suggested with a standard bolt on lift check out rustys offroad I had their lift on my YJ and was really happy with for a budget minded person.

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-suspension/jeep-suspension-lift-kits/yj-wrangler-87-95-jeep-suspension-lift-kits/rustys-yj-wrangler-4-kit.html

Edited by - little95-YJ on 7/3/2013 5:33:40 PM

Forums | SWB Technical Forum | Lift Help... Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply