Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Technical Forum | Lift for LJ Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
pudggie
Oakville, MO
Club Member
Posted - 15 June 2013 11:15  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Looking at buying an LJ which brand would you recommend and which ones should I stay away from?

Primary use on road with 10 or 12 wheeling outings a year it's a third car and will be driven on nice days around the city and to and from work and camping trips four times a year

Wheeling places include ranch, flat nasty , smoor , and moonlight , are all places I have been lets say Attica too and maybe one day Moab if I can ever get vacation long enough to go

Murf
Belleville, IL
Online Member
Posted - 16 June 2013 21:0  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Bought my LJ 2010 it had a Rubicon Express 4.5 short arm lift. It was scary at 65 mph on highway. Too much lift for short arm. I bought a Rock Krawler 5.5 Triple Threat log arm 2011. It's a night and day difference. Smother ride, better control at highway speed, and more flex. It's worth the the investment. That's just my opinion. If you want to check it out let me know.
Richy
Festus, MO
Club Member
Posted - 16 June 2013 21:30  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I've had the Teraflex addon long arm kit lowers only with 4 inch springs for 6 years, and have been pleased with it. I think that is also the one Srambled had on his LJ. Three road trips to Attica and numerous trips (Alley Springs, Ranch, and SMORR) pulling the popup behind it and it always handled good.

98XJ/ 3.5 lift,33s
04 LJ 4" w/longarms & 35s
2008 Ram 4X4 88 MJ inprogress

mjack
St. Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 16 June 2013 23:0  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I have the 4 inch teraflex LCG pro. Started as enduro, but upgraded. Love it and can cruise 65mph no prob on highway.

mjack2 06LJ rubi/D60s/37s/ARBs

mjack 98XJ 5.5lift/33s/ARBs

Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 17 June 2013 18:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
What size tires are you wanting to go?
pudggie
Oakville, MO
Club Member
Posted - 17 June 2013 19:13  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
At first I'm gonna run my Toyo 33x13.50r15

After those where out I'd like 37 s so I'm guessing a long arm kit been looking at rough country ,full traction and rustys but reviews from rustys sounds like a head ache so there put for sue four good reviews and seventy bad so there's no way I'm gonna chance buy twenty five hundred dollars from them the old saying smoke there's a fire I've bought from th before with no problem but two hundred is a lot different then a whole kit so now I'm leaning towards the rock krwler triple threat but six in just seems so high for 33 now what's a good height for 37 or is that 6 for the price rock krawler is cheaper and comes with everything by the time you get and the extras for a Tera flex and full traction

BigJ486
Columbia, MO
Online Member
Posted - 18 June 2013 15:6  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Another vote for RockKrawler. Rides better then some stock jeeps i've driven. I had 3.5" (2"spacers) x-factor long arm and just got some 5.5 rockkrawler springs.

Kind of figuring out if i can stand the height or if i want to trim it all out and go 3.5" for lower cog.

little95-YJ
Hart of the barn. AKA Barnhart, MO
Online Member
Posted - 18 June 2013 17:3  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I have a 6" fab tech long arm kit on my tj. It has 35's on it but has the right amount of lift for 37's. the kit rides really well and flexes like mad off road. I have only wheeled it a handful of times and put a few thousand street miles it but I'm happy with it at this point
Castor
Winchester, IL
Online Member
Posted - 20 June 2013 20:4  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I wanted to go with Rock Krawler or Full Traction but they liked'em better'n I wanted them. I did a Rough Country long arm to clear 35" tires. It flexes well, and off-road performance is good (still have to try it in Moab). On road is different; not bad if the road is relatively smooth, but can get to be hard on the tush if it's rough. OR, I could slow down- nah, that won't do!

Edited by - Castor on 6/21/2013 9:36:00 AM

hack
Glencoe, MO
MWJT Vice President
Posted - 23 June 2013 14:41  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
The only way to go. Wish I had and will do some day.
http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RKLJ35XF%2DLA
Forums | General Technical Forum | Lift for LJ Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply