Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | 96 cherokee Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
geoscar
Bonne Terre, MO
Online Member
Posted - 26 June 2013 7:16  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Okay,I have not decided to take on this project yet or not , but I thought I would throw this out there just to get an idea if anyone needed these parts. A friend of mine has a 4 door 96 cherokee that she wants me to start parting out. The frame is busted in half. She said the thing ran great till the frame gave out. Not sure on the condition of everything else but will be checking it out here in the near future. If anyone is needing parts off of it can you reply with a decent offer on price so I can get an idea if this is gonna be worth the time and trouble or not. I know this will rough to do without knowing the condition, but just throwing a feeler out there to get an idea
Lane
Columbia , IL
Online Member
Posted - 7 July 2013 17:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Auto or ax15? Miles? $? Looking for a 4.0/auto donor for my 95 2.5/ 5spd Yj would be interested in whole thing or just drive train for right price.
geoscar
Bonne Terre, MO
Online Member
Posted - 7 July 2013 19:32  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Lane, I do believe she said 900 for the whole thing except the radio. I am waiting for her to get me some info on it
BeerCat
Smithton, IL
Online Member
Posted - 7 July 2013 22:59  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
might be interested in the back doors, depending on condition and price
geoscar
Bonne Terre, MO
Online Member
Posted - 8 July 2013 11:45  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Okay i just talked to the guy who has it at his shop. He doesn't really know alot about it, has the 4.0, odometer reads 210xxx but no idea if its original motor. (says it sounds like a strong motor)96 Laredo, 3 or 4 inch lift. Body has no rust that he can see,but we all know how that is. Automatic tranny. Said the hood is damaged and one of the front fenders. Guess I will need to make a trip up to the shop and take a look at it myself to get a better idea.
Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 9 July 2013 10:20  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Lane, so many better choices than the 4.0L.
Lane
Columbia , IL
Online Member
Posted - 9 July 2013 18:29  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Bounty, I totally understand and partially agree but a 4.0 runs good not looking for a power house as I feel my waggies aren't gonna like a v8 and really just want a cruiser and the crawability of the auto. A plus is I can stroke it out someday down the road, with a new job and overtime looking for something quick and like the idea of keeping factory gauges in the dash. Also wiring scares me and it should be a breeze from what I understand of the 2.5 to 4.0 swap
geoscar
Bonne Terre, MO
Online Member
Posted - 11 July 2013 20:22  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
actually got a look aty this thing in the rain. has very good tires, no rust, damage to the front quarter and hood, motor is actually a 5.2 (318) with auto tranny. Power windows, locks. It actually looks to be in good condition other than the front quarter damage. And the frame of course.
phishermanjohn
belleville, IL
Club Member
Posted - 12 July 2013 2:2  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Take rims and tires.
Forums | General Discussion Forum | 96 cherokee Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed