Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | ARTEC Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
geoscar
Bonne Terre, MO
Online Member
Posted - 1 July 2013 16:14  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
All I can say is I hope like hell that this truss kit is a true work of art. I ordered the TJ 8.8 Swap kit with truss from Artec on 6-20. I called them last week to check on my order and the guy told me that they were bending the metal and i should receive it by UPS today! Got home today and no kit, so I called and inquired about my kit. Now I am told that they are getting ready to ship it out today!!!!!!Needless to say I have lost my cool. I took a couple of days off from work to get this axle in and a buddy of mine is coming over to help. All they could say was Sorry for the mix up. And then tells me I can upgrade the shipping to 3 day guarantee for 76 dollars but it will take 4 because of the 4th. Guess I wont get that done.
THANK YOU ARTEC FOR RUINING MY WEEK
Grumpy
Wentzville, MO
Online Member
Posted - 1 July 2013 21:12  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
You have lost your cool already? How oftern have you ordered custom parts? I would say up to a 20 day turnaround on a custom part is pretty good. My son has ordered a lot of custom parts for his camaro project. Most take about 1 month to complete. The longest he waited was 3 months for a custom cross member.

One thing he learned quickly. Don't take time off until the part is delivered!!! Things happen, maybe thier fault, maybe something out of thier control. If they have made several promises of a delivery date, thats when you get pissed..

91blaze
Winfield, MO
Club Member
Posted - 2 July 2013 7:59  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Note to self - don't do work for this guy
geoscar
Bonne Terre, MO
Online Member
Posted - 5 July 2013 12:54  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
YES I probably get ticked off prematurely, but it irked me that the guy told me it WAS being shipped last week and would be here around Monday. And then on Monday acted like I was making the story up. Trust me 91blaze, you can ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you it takes alot to make me lose it, and most would say they have never seen me mad. Just gettin a little frustrated with this mess is all. But when she is done it should be good to go. Sorry if y'all got the wrong impression of my personality
91blaze
Winfield, MO
Club Member
Posted - 5 July 2013 13:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
no worries - just trollin
little95-YJ
Hart of the barn. AKA Barnhart, MO
Online Member
Posted - 5 July 2013 19:15  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
When you do get it please let us know of the quality and difficulty of the install. I have been on the fence of getting one to put my 8.8 in my TJ just haven't broke the 35 yet.
geoscar
Bonne Terre, MO
Online Member
Posted - 7 July 2013 11:14  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
No problem I plan on taking some pics and posting them on here of the whole process. If you need some spare parts for your 35 I got everything you need.
geoscar
Bonne Terre, MO
Online Member
Posted - 13 July 2013 13:41  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
sO FAR THE INSTALL HAS NOT BEEN TOO BAD. VERY TIME CONSUMING GETTING IT ALL SET UP JUST RIGHT AND ALOT OF WELDING, BUT OVERALL IT IS VERY VERY SOLID AND IT DOES GIVE THE AXLE A BADA@$ LOOK. IF IT IS AS STRONG AS IT LOOKS THEN I AM GOOD TO GO. WILL BE POSTING SOME PICS AS WE GET HER DONE, HOPEFULLY TOMORROW. OH Little95, IF I WAS YOU I WOULD NOT WAIT TILL YOU BREAK THE 35 CAUSE IT IS INEVITABLE IF YOU WHEEL AT ALL, AND IT SUCKS HAVING TO DO THAT CRAP IN THE WOODS AND MUD. JUST MY SUGGESTION!!!!!

Edited by - geoscar on 7/13/2013 1:43:12 PM

little95-YJ
Hart of the barn. AKA Barnhart, MO
Online Member
Posted - 16 July 2013 22:12  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I figure when I snap the d35 I will just park it in the garage pull the tranny that needs to be rebuilt because it leaks horribly and put an axle in it at the same time. My jeep only gets driven about 2k miles a year at most. If and when I take it out to wheel I am lucky enough now to be able to put it on a trailer and tow it.
Forums | General Discussion Forum | ARTEC Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed