Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | SWB Technical Forum | Swaybar link length 4" lift - JK Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
Heisman
Manchester, MO
MWJT Director of PR
Posted - 5 July 2013 7:55  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I'm bumping up to 4" of lift. I think I'm going to do just like I did when I went to 2.5" and move the rear links to the front and get new links for the rear.

The factory fronts were 5", the factory rears were 8.75".
The rears that came with the Teraflex 2.5" were 12", which should make them slight too long for 4" lift in the front.

What have you other guys done?

JN JEEP 2
Centralia, IL
Club Member
Posted - 5 July 2013 8:8  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
My understanding is that the links should be of a length to keep the anti-sway bars plus or minus 10 degrees from level when sitting on level ground.
JKRockStomper
Saint Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 8 July 2013 8:19  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
you should be able to use the factory rears on the front
Heisman
Manchester, MO
MWJT Director of PR
Posted - 8 July 2013 10:25  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
yeah, it looks like the ones I've got on now with my 2.5" lift are a little longer than they need to be. We'll see what they look like at 4"
loadbreak
High Ridge, MO
MWJT Vendor Relations
Posted - 8 July 2013 21:30  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I heard that fully flexed you should still have a good angle to them in relation to the sway bar so they do not invert.
JKRockStomper
Saint Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 9 July 2013 7:51  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Almost done that
Forums | SWB Technical Forum | Swaybar link length 4" lift - JK Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed