Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Mark Twain Hobby Center Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
eddieb1965
Winchester, IL
Online Member
Posted - 7 July 2013 19:45  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Anybody have any bad dealings with them.I purchased a Axial,and was told EVERYTHING was in the box including a battery and charger.It dont come with those(finally saw the very small print on box in one spot) after I got home.After 2 calls they still wont tell me what I need and want me to go online and order,or come back to the store.I dont exactly know what I want and I would think they would at least recommend a battery and charger.I am driving back to the store tomorrow morning(2 hrs)to talk directly to someone,hopefully the manager or owner because Tyler cant help anyone on the phone.
Kooter
Maryland Heights, MO
Club Member
Posted - 7 July 2013 20:15  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
What did you buy? I'm in the hobby and might be able to point you in the right direction.
eddieb1965
Winchester, IL
Online Member
Posted - 7 July 2013 21:3  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I bought the Axial Ridgecrest,I saw on u-tube it was a little faster than I wanted and bought a 17t spur to go with the 87t.They knew the product pretty well,just not what came with it.This is my 1st RC and not sure on nimh or lipo(I wont run it more than 1 hr at a time).Tyler wouldnt even give me a recomendation on this,and gave me to someone else that told me to just come back in.What RC's do you have Kooter?What batt and charger do you recommend?I'm leaving here to go back down there around 9:00 am. Thanks Eddie
Kooter
Maryland Heights, MO
Club Member
Posted - 8 July 2013 9:28  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Eddie,
I have a bunch.

Berg Moa Crawler
Losi MRC
Axial SCX-10
Axial Wraith
Traxas Platinum 4x4 Slash
Associated 2wd SC10

As far as radio and battery, there's a ton of options. I personally would go with a lipo battery. I wouldn't spend the money on Nimh. You get better life out of the lipo, they charge faster and seem to last longer. If I were buying a radio, i'd go with the Futaba 3pm-x. Stay away from the AM freq. There are tons of options and I'd get a 3 channel radio in case you decide to do a little crawling. The 3pm-x is a good entry level radio in the 2.4ghz freq.

Also, check out rccrawler.com for info. midwestrcc.com is a forum for a lot of the local clubs to the midwest.

eddieb1965
Winchester, IL
Online Member
Posted - 9 July 2013 11:10  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Thanks for the recommendations Kooter,I will be upgrading as money lets me.I did drive back down Mon. and they were very appologetic.I was only going to get a batt. and charger,but he said he would give me 15% off anything.I bought a 55T motor and aluminum steering knuckles also.Even with the 55t and 17t pinon 87 spur it isnt very realistic.I have read maybe a 13t pinion will be closer to real,sound close to you?
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Mark Twain Hobby Center Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed