Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Technical Forum | JK sunrider soft top UV protection? Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
GCooper50
Saint Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 9 July 2013 14:2  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I just bought a new JK Unlimited and I would like to maintain it to the teeth so I am trying to find a product to use on the soft top to protect it from UV rays. The problem is, I don't know what kind of material it is made out of. Does anyone have this knowledge they would like to share? I can't seem to find it any where on the internet.
JN JEEP 2
Centralia, IL
Club Member
Posted - 9 July 2013 15:11  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
They hold up pretty well.

My 99 TJ still have the original soft top on it. I've barely washed it in the 8 years I've had it.

But, I believe Bestop makes some products for them. I haven't used any so can't help there. Might look on Bestop's website and see what is available.

jetnoise
O'Fallon, IL
Online Member
Posted - 28 July 2013 7:58  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Look into 303 aerospace protectant. I use it on my soft top and plastic parts. It's expensive, but I think it's worth the dough.
loadbreak
High Ridge, MO
MWJT Vendor Relations
Posted - 29 July 2013 20:41  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I used the bestop stuff want it did make it look better for awhile. Stuff can get on your paint and does not want to come off.
Forums | General Technical Forum | JK sunrider soft top UV protection? Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed