Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Illinois CCW Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
JN JEEP 2
Centralia, IL
Club Member
Posted - 9 July 2013 15:7  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Finally. Confusing at best, but maybe it's a start. I'm sure it's not over.

quote:

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - Illinois has become the final state in the nation to allow the public possession of concealed guns, just ahead of a federal appeals court's deadline.

The state Senate voted 41-17 Tuesday to override Gov. Pat Quinn's veto of the concealed carry legislation lawmakers sent him. The House took the same action earlier in the day.

The Chicago Democrat's amendatory veto suggested changes to the delicately negotiated initiative - changes that anti-violence activists embraced. Quinn wanted guns banned from any establishment that serves alcohol and wanted to limit gun-toting citizens to one firearm at a time.

Senate President John Cullerton says Quinn's recommendations might be addressed in later legislation.

The Illinois State Police must be ready to accept applications in six months. Officials expect 300,000 to apply in the first year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - The Illinois House has rejected Gov. Pat Quinn's changes to legislation allowing the carrying of concealed guns on the deadline for action set by a federal court.

If the Senate approves it later today, Illinois would join the rest of the nation in allowing firearms to be carried in public.

The House voted 77-31 to override the Democratic governor's amendatory veto. Quinn had used his veto authority to suggest changes such as prohibiting guns in restaurants that serve alcohol and limiting gun-toting citizens to one firearm at a time.

Lawmakers sent Quinn a bill in May setting up a concealed carry system in response to a federal appeals court ruling which declared it unconstitutional for Illinois to ban the public possession of concealed weapons.

tae73
Jefferson City, MO
Club Member
Posted - 9 July 2013 17:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
About time, just wonder if they will honor other states ccw.
Mr Moke
St Peters, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 9 July 2013 18:40  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
No. What I read, out of staters would have to take their 16 hour course and pay $300 for the permit.

Quinn is a idiot.

Oops, I guess Im not supposed to call names.

BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!

Edited by - Mr Moke on 7/9/2013 6:42:14 PM

Tink
Alton, IL
Club Member
Posted - 9 July 2013 18:41  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I hope I'm wrong, but from what I understand, for $300 and some training they will honor your out of state permit.
Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 9 July 2013 20:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
IL going for a money grab? Shocker.

I wonder if other states will want to force IL to change by charging IL CC holders which will cause IL residents to get pissed enough to cause a change?

I agree... Idiots.

BulletProof
Kingwood, TX
Club Member
Posted - 9 July 2013 20:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Not a bad idea Stalker, but that theory hasn't worked with hunting permits.
phishermanjohn
belleville, IL
Online Member
Posted - 10 July 2013 6:6  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
From what I understand, illinoiscarry and other groups will continue to fight for better ccw laws over time.
xj6in
Where hi-cap mags are legal and pot is not!!!, MO
Online Member
Posted - 10 July 2013 6:35  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
One step at a time I guess...

I heard rumors that even though IL will not honor out of state CCW's, that there is something allowing you to carry loaded in your car (unlike before). BUT don't take my word for it, do your own research...

Moke is correct, right snow you have to go through their 16 hour training and pay $$$ for an out of state permit, (but again told) that they will honor the 8 hours of out of state training and apply it towards the class.

steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 10 July 2013 10:33  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
No. Out of state residents must obtain an Illinois Concealed Carry License to lawfully carry a concealed firearm in Illinois. In order for out of state residents to be eligible for an Illinois license, their state’s concealed carry license laws must be substantially similar to those of Illinois. The Illinois State Police will establish rules to identify the elements necessary to meet the substantially similar requirement.

thats from the IL state po po site

steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 10 July 2013 10:34  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
http://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-faq.cfm
xj6in
Where hi-cap mags are legal and pot is not!!!, MO
Online Member
Posted - 10 July 2013 20:30  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
grab a 6 pack of beer and a 12 pack of red bull, because your going to need it...

Here is the bill...
http://ilga.gov/legislation/98/HB/PDF/09800HB0183lv.pdf

Forums | General Discussion Forum | Illinois CCW Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed