Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | SWB Technical Forum | Flipped Calipers Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
T&ERun
Ellisville, MO
Online Member
Posted - 10 July 2013 23:27  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Saw this on BadRoll's for sale add. What does he mean by flipped calipers?
WhiteTJ
Saint Peters, MO
Online Member
Posted - 11 July 2013 11:21  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I think that refers to the position on the rotor. For example the calipers on my 8.8 are mounted on the back side of the axle (towards the rear of the vehicle). A flip kit would move them to the front of the axle. I've seen people do this for shock clearance.
Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 11 July 2013 15:26  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I can see the need to do them on the rear axle, as my 'Zu d44 calipers are pretty low with the pinion pointed upward, but what's the benefit of doing it up front?
WhiteTJ
Saint Peters, MO
Online Member
Posted - 16 July 2013 1:9  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Your right. His ad says flipped calipers on the front axle. I'm not even sure how that's possible and still have clearance for tie rods and such.
Forums | SWB Technical Forum | Flipped Calipers Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply