Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | If you take I-55 North to Chicago Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
kpound
Wentzville, MO
Online Member
Posted - 16 July 2013 16:47  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Think about a different route.

I took I-55 from STL on Friday & it took me 9 hours to get to downtown Chicago.

The bridge on I-55 is shutdown to 1 lane in Joliet/Braidwood.
I sat in bumper to bumper traffic for 3 hours!

Took I-57 on the way home.. & only took 5hrs.

Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 16 July 2013 20:24  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Bummer. That's been under construction for a while if it's the part going by the refineries. If anyone else is going that way, you could bail at exit 227, 233, 236, or 238 and head East and pick up Rt 53 and take that north to 80. Then either take 80 West back to 55 and continue on North from there or go East on 80 to 355 and take it North.

If you pass exit 238 going north, you're committed.

Heisman

Manchester, MO
MWJT Director of PR
Posted - 17 July 2013 23:52  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Lots of people in that area should be committed. I hated living up there.
Carl
St Charles, MO
Club Member
Posted - 18 July 2013 14:10  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Thanks, we're heading there next Wednesday.
Bull Shark
O Fallon, MO
Online Member
Posted - 18 July 2013 20:11  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
thanks for the head's up, also going that way in a few weeks
safetyguy
Fairview Heights, IL
Online Member
Posted - 19 July 2013 8:23  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Park in the burbs and catch the L downtown. Cab the rest of the time. Hard to get used to, but the big cities suck if you have to worry about traffic and parking. Of course, you go nowhere fast and you also have to worry about your car getting stolen or broken into downtown.

Country Life....I peed off my back porch this morning and rode the ATV in the back yard. Now, thats livin....

kpound
Wentzville, MO
Online Member
Posted - 19 July 2013 14:43  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
for some moronic reason I drove to chicago this time.. all the other times I took the train...

when in chi-town I either take the L or walk...
next time I'm taking the train...

I did find this awesome website (parkinghero.com).
I parked in a garage downtown chicago for $20 for the whole weekend!!! the hotel I stayed at wanted $56 a nite!!

Forums | General Discussion Forum | If you take I-55 North to Chicago Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply