Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | What Once Was Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
Tink
Alton, IL
Club Member
Posted - 20 July 2013 13:22  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
My favorite place to wheel :(

Decided that we should take a spin on the bike this morning, and I've been hearing a bunch of rumors about Washita, so I decided to take a spin down and see what was happening there. I can't really tell what they are doing, but they have done a lot in a short time and it doesn't look promising for us at all. Here are my spy shots from the road. Sadly this was probably my last look at the Knob.

[url=][img][/img][/url]
[url=][img][/img][/url]
[url=][img][/img][/url]

Holaday
St. Peters , MO
Club Member
Posted - 20 July 2013 14:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I was holding out hope it would reopen. It does not look too promising
loadbreak
High Ridge, MO
MWJT Vendor Relations
Posted - 20 July 2013 17:6  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Doesn't look like it will based on that pic.
JN JEEP 2
Centralia, IL
Club Member
Posted - 21 July 2013 21:51  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Don't drink the Kool-aid.
JeepinJason
Clayton, NC
Online Member
Posted - 22 July 2013 9:58  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Looks like they are making a compound...
Grace
Fenton,
Online Member
Posted - 23 July 2013 9:6  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Almost looks like some sort of construction/heavy equipment lot. Has anybody had any luck contacting the new owner(s)?
Mr Moke
St Peters, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 23 July 2013 11:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Rumor I heard was some lawyers brokered the deal for some SWAT group to train.

I wonder if they built a new bathroom.

Bushwhacker
, IL
Club Member
Posted - 23 July 2013 14:7  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Issues with Skip...imagine that..lol

Wonder if they will let us drive around in our jeeps and shoot at targets..haha

Lil Toe
Labadie, MO
Club Member
Posted - 23 July 2013 14:9  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Yes, a biathlon but with Jeeps and not that skiing thing.

Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 23 July 2013 16:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Moke, there was a bathroom there? lol
RichM
Arnold, MO
Online Member
Posted - 23 July 2013 20:52  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Tink- i own the property right behind them...u can be sure i will hit the knob again sometime..
one of the neighbors on our road ran into a few older guys claiming to have hunting rights on the old washita land. he said they were not friendly-at all. sadly the off roading is probably over there..
safetyguy
Fairview Heights, IL
Online Member
Posted - 24 July 2013 8:33  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I dont see a gate, purple paint, or no tresspassing signs every 50 feet. Sounds like an opportunity to just drive on in. Of course, if the swat team is around it might not be smart, but in the woods around my property, the sheriff will tell you if it is not posted as private, he can't do a whole lot unless they cause damage or asked to leave..

Interesting thoughts.... If I was a little crazier, I might try it.....

Of course this is not the opinions of the club or has any affiliations to my personal sanity....

suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 24 July 2013 10:51  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I wouldn't tic off the sniper guys. They were NOT the friendly sort...........AT...........ALL.
Tink
Alton, IL
Club Member
Posted - 24 July 2013 21:45  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Rich, that's a cool place to have property for sure, have fun down there. As for the property formerly Washita, it didn't look friendly to us at all so we just kept to the road.
Forums | General Discussion Forum | What Once Was Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply