Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | SWB Technical Forum | Brake upgrade? Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
1 Long CJ
Highland, IL
Online Member
Posted - 24 July 2013 12:24  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Looking for recommendations for better brakes on my 06 LJ. Just pads & rotors, and cheaper than Black Magic.
jeepr
Crestwood, MO
MWJT Webmaster
Posted - 24 July 2013 22:8  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I've always just done good auto parts store ones. But, I did EBC Yellow pads and slotted rotors on my truck.

And, when are you changing your screen name to "1 Long TJ" or "1 Long LJ"?

chrispy
, CO
Online Member
Posted - 24 July 2013 23:9  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
whats your version of "better"

longer lasting?
shorter stopping distances?
Less brake fade?

i also typically just run midgrade auto parts pads/rotors, with lifetime warranty. never had an issue.

JN JEEP 2
Centralia, IL
Club Member
Posted - 25 July 2013 7:5  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
^^^^ that's what I use. Lifetime warranty deal. They don't last all that long, but they aren't hard to swap out.
I somehow ended up with lifetime from AZ and O'Reilly.
Good thing with those nationwide stores, you can get replacements nearly anywhere.
1 Long CJ
Highland, IL
Online Member
Posted - 25 July 2013 9:34  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
More braking power. It wasn't that good, and it got worse when I put new (heavier) tires on. I was thinking about getting ceramic pads.

My new plate is LONG JP 2

little95-YJ
Hart of the barn. AKA Barnhart, MO
Online Member
Posted - 25 July 2013 19:42  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
i put ceramic pads and fresh rotors on my TJ and it helped a ton. I have an auto and its not trying push through brakes at stop lights anymore.
Forums | SWB Technical Forum | Brake upgrade? Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply