Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Projects | 96 XJ Classic Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
jtodaro
Wentzville, MO
Club Member
Posted - 28 July 2013 11:22  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Purchased AS-IS on April 20th 2012 for $1100.00. Couldn't pass inspection because of ball joins and o2 sensors.
jtodaro
Wentzville, MO
Club Member
Posted - 28 July 2013 11:26  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
jtodaro
Wentzville, MO
Club Member
Posted - 28 July 2013 11:31  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Sorting out the new o2 sensors was the easy part.

The ball joins (and axle C) were trashed by the previous owner. The drivers side looks like they reamed the hole out and installed oversized (possibly full sized) truck ball joints. The upper ball joint stud was physically longer as well, so it was causing clearance issues with the axle.

A junkyard D30 HP was rebuilt using new seals & bearings with my axles and innards. New (correct) ball joints were put in place, as well as my RE 3.5-4.5 Adjustable Trackbar was installed to facilitate future upgrades.

BulletProof
Kingwood, TX
Club Member
Posted - 28 July 2013 11:31  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Jon, did it belong to another club member?
jtodaro
Wentzville, MO
Club Member
Posted - 28 July 2013 11:33  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Bulletproof, I'm not sure. I bought if from the persons father. His son had drove it through college and also used it to travel to their duck blind (think they were a Ducks Unlimited member).

Edited by - jtodaro on 7/28/2013 11:42:05 AM

jtodaro
Wentzville, MO
Club Member
Posted - 28 July 2013 11:35  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
New 15x8 Cragar Quick Trick wheels w/3.75" backspacing. Windows tinted, and XJ looking very clean.

jtodaro
Wentzville, MO
Club Member
Posted - 28 July 2013 11:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
RE 3.5" Coil Springs, RE Super Ride Lower Control Arms installed. Front Fenders & Flares cut, and new bumper installed. Approach angle has been greatly increased.

Edited by - jtodaro on 7/28/2013 11:39:15 AM

jtodaro
Wentzville, MO
Club Member
Posted - 28 July 2013 11:40  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Still need to do some radius'ing on the leading edge of the front flares (till they get upgraded), but overall I'm very satisfied with the cut job.
JKAbomb
St.Peters, MO
Online Member
Posted - 28 July 2013 12:1  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
My lines were straighter than yours. But still looks good. It should after all the pain we went through with the bolt issues
jeepr
Crestwood, MO
MWJT Webmaster
Posted - 28 July 2013 20:22  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
And your Mall Of America sticker installed I see. Just kidding, looking good Jon.
Forums | Projects | 96 XJ Classic Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed