Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Not so friendly Jeep dealership for mod's Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
RUBINOT
St Charles, MO
Club Member
Posted - 3 August 2013 11:41  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I'm looking around and getting prices on both used (2022-13) and new (2013) stock JK's for a purchase in the near future.

Anyway I was talking with a salesman at South County Chrysler Jeep who was very nice and helpful. During our convetsation I told him I was going to do some mild/moderate modifications to the Jeep, possibly even using Factory Jeep After Market Parts sold by Jeep.

The salesman was very quick to tell me that his dealership will VOID my warranty if I modify my Jeep and bring it to them for service. He even said they will not modify any Jeeps from stock as they do not want any liabilty, no matter who makes the parts.

Again the salesman was very nice and claims to have been with the dealership for 10+ years.

Just a heads up.

Guess I'll stick with Century Chrysler Jeep or Mid Rivers Chrysler Jeep.

loadbreak
High Ridge, MO
MWJT Vendor Relations
Posted - 3 August 2013 12:4  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I can tell you that All-star if pretty different. They installed Teraflex longarm kit on one of their JK to sell. Their own mechanics lift them and work on them. You could try them out, they seem to be very Jeep friendly. I do not know much about So.Co DCJ as afar as jeep friendly though..but after what you posted does not sound good.
mudrunner
troy, MO
Online Member
Posted - 3 August 2013 12:5  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I had no luck with them when looking at new trucks. Had an appointment scheduled with a salesman to look at a specific truck. Waited almost an hour after scheduled time as no other salesman would help. Then was made an incredibly insulting trade offer. ( I know everyone wants top dollar but wasn't the case here) salesman told me they didn't really want my diesel truck on trade because they can't move them. It's a drive but the best dealer I have found is barreth Chrysler in Washington. Always gave me loaner cars when doing any service. Great people.
RUBINOT
St Charles, MO
Club Member
Posted - 3 August 2013 12:8  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Yeah, Allstar, Mid Rivers and Century Chrysler Jeep are very mod friendly and good dealerships.

I just thought I would shop around a little. Best to stick with the old faithful

Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 3 August 2013 12:30  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Research the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act, they can't blanket void a warranty due to modifications.
RUBINOT
St Charles, MO
Club Member
Posted - 3 August 2013 13:23  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I agree, but they can make your life miserable. I don't need or want that.
BulletProof
Kingwood, TX
Online Member
Posted - 3 August 2013 13:36  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I had warranty work done on mine @ South County Dodge, absolutely never mentioned my lift/35's.

Glendale Chrysler/Jeep is also mod friendly, they install all kinds of lift/tires.

RUBINOT
St Charles, MO
Club Member
Posted - 3 August 2013 13:54  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I spoke with salesman Bruce Stiler who said he confirmed dealership policy with manager Mason Kahle.

I just don't want to chance purchase with a dealership that leans towards not being mod friendly.

There are dealers who promote being mod friendly and even back our local Jeep clubs. That's who I'll do business with.

lammy
Arnold, MO
Club Member
Posted - 3 August 2013 19:26  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
All Star has a lifted JK on 35's on the showroom floor. I am pretty sure they are very mod friendly.
ddIII
OFallon, MO
Online Member
Posted - 5 August 2013 16:42  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
All the dealers that Reuther's dealt with in the past were Allstar, Century, and Lou Fusz. They all wanted the business that we had of lifting and modifing the vehicles. No one really knew that we did it from the ground up. I'm sorry everyone is having this much problems. But as for Chrysler they can go BLANK BLANK BLANK MY BLANK!!!
redeye
St. Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 3 September 2013 14:32  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
It's funny you say that. I have lifted several new Jk's that were bought from south county & that hose pole still take them back there for warranty work & have never been voided.

You just talked to the wrong person.

Forums | General Discussion Forum | Not so friendly Jeep dealership for mod's Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed