Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Jeep Parts - Want To Buy | TJ Dana 30 Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
j-mox
Chaffee, MO
Online Member
Posted - 6 August 2013 10:25  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Possibly looking for a TJ Dana 30 with 3.73 gears.

Gauging interest to see what is out there.

Text preferred 573-318-5801

MikeGordon
Mascoutah, IL
Online Member
Posted - 18 August 2013 14:21  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
An XJ D30 will bolt right in. They are high-pinion (HP), so you get your drive-shaft almost 4" higher then on the low-pinion (LP) axle and the HP D30 ring gear is roughly 20-30% stronger than the LP D30 ring gear. I see them all the time at the pick-n-pull. 3.73 was an available ratio on some XJs too. A complete axle is around $200. The 96-99's are the most common to swap into a TJ, because they have the non-disconnect housing. I did this swap quite a few years ago and couldn't be happier with it. Stronger, better clearance, better drive-shaft angle, etc.

If you want to stick with your LP D30, I still have my stock 3.73 gears from my TJ. I pulled/replaced them with 20K miles on them. If you're interested in them, PM me.

j-mox
Chaffee, MO
Online Member
Posted - 18 August 2013 16:9  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Thanks.

Most XJ axles I see have the 3.55 ratio so that's why I haven't looked hard at them. The low pinion isn't a problem. It's for my son's Jeep due to he has 3.07 gears now with 33's and it's a dog!

I have a spare rear axle with 3.73's. I will keep the gears in mind but kinda figured I could buy a whole axle for less than what I would pay to have the current one regeared.

Forums | Jeep Parts - Want To Buy | TJ Dana 30 Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply