Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Creek Crossings Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
calferman
New Haven, MO
Online Member
Posted - 9 August 2013 18:7  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
A friend of mine, and I went out to lost creek the other weekend, and was wondering if it is legal to drive all the way up the creek. We stopped at a few places and drove around in the water but wasn't sure what the law was on that. If someone could let me know that would be great...thanks!
Holaday
St. Peters , MO
Online Member
Posted - 9 August 2013 18:25  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Not legal at all.

Tell him to look for no trespassing signs and the purple spray paint on the trees.

Jersey
St Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 9 August 2013 19:26  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Here's a great link to some of Tread Lightly's tips to responsible off roading. I've been a member of this organization since I've owned my Jeep and love the fact that this club strives to abide to their principals...

http://treadlightly.org/quick-tips-for-responsible-four-wheeling/

Edited by - Jersey on 8/10/2013 3:13:58 AM

xj6in
Where hi-cap mags are legal and pot is not!!!, MO
Online Member
Posted - 9 August 2013 20:33  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Only cross the creek where the lower water crossings are. DO NOT go up or down them... Please, Don't ruin that road for everyone else by breaking the law or upsetting the locals... We don't have much left of areas like this and it wouldn't take much for someone to "dead end" it off at the creek areas...

I've already lost 2 roads just north of there this way, lets not loose this one.. If you want to do more in depth wheeling go to one of the parks, please...

tae73
Jefferson City, MO
Club Member
Posted - 10 August 2013 7:14  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
We was down there last sunday, and could tell people have drove up/down the creek were the road crossed. One spot someone had layed trees down all the way across to keep people from doing so. It was a fun road, hate to see it get closed.
suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 10 August 2013 11:54  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I know in the MTNF if they catch you in the water, it is $100 fine FOR EACH TIRE INCLUDING THE SPARE!!
calferman
New Haven, MO
Online Member
Posted - 11 August 2013 21:41  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
We were at a creek crossing and just made a left instead of kept driving right over the creek. There was no purple paint or no tresspassing where we did it at. Now that I have that link I know the law a little better. Thanks for the help guys, I was asking so that I didn't mess it up for other people as well. What are some other similar roads like that one in the same area?
636Rubi
ofallon, MO
Online Member
Posted - 3 September 2013 12:59  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I have a lot of personal experience in that area and can tell you that the majority of it is privately owned on either side of the road. If you go up or down the creek bed you are trespassing. The tracks you see are not always other off roaders. Property owners do go on their own property and on the weekends there are certain areas where local teenagers like to have late night gatherings..... Law Enforcement in the area is familiar with the road though truth be told seldom go out there. There are a number of property owners who do make reports to the Sheriffs Department there and give license plates and descriptions etc. If you stay on the road you will not have any issue. If you do what your not supposed to do, you may.

Good luck. Do the right thing and you never have to worry about being caught doing the wrong thing.

Tread lightly

Forums | General Discussion Forum | Creek Crossings Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply