Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | SWB Technical Forum | new YJ to me Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 21 August 2013 6:23  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
so i bought a 95 YJ monday got a deal on it and knew it has issues. its got a deal whole or two the guy told me he did a compression check on it and say cyl one and two had like 30 and three and four had in the 130s so i know normaly that its posible that its a blown head gasket between the two the guy i bought it from bought it that way too and just never fixed it sat for 3 mo. then he bought somehting different lol. so no idea if it was over heated or what. it does have a little over 200000 on the jeep 5 speed. i havent looked at it yet other than the brake light is on and i think it has a vacume leak. lol and that terrible miss
Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 22 August 2013 18:58  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
4cyl? Most 95's were 4bangers. What are the plans once it's running well?
steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 23 August 2013 6:46  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
yes 4 cyl. for now not much.. prob a body lift one or two inch. and wheel it it does have 4.10s not sure if all the 4cyl did. maybe a one inch shacle lift also they guy i bought it off of is giving me his old YJ springs he bought another one and is lifting it and giving me he stock ones they look a little better than mine. eventualy i would like to maybe do a waggy 2inch stretch and 8.8 in the rear but thats future plans you still run a rodeo d44?
steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 23 August 2013 6:48  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
also trim or remove the flairs maybe tj flairs on the back
steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 27 August 2013 16:25  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
any thoughts?
Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 27 August 2013 17:3  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Sounds like a good platform. All 2.5 5spd YJ's have 4.10 and work ok up to about 31" tires. Ya I run the Rodeo and Waggy 44's in order to run 5.38 gears.
steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 28 August 2013 6:56  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
stock wb chris? any thoughts on the low compression? are the 2.5s known at all for head haskets beween the cylenders? tryed google but no luck going to try to do a comp check this weekend the oil presure is crap also on the factory gauge so may end up doing a ring and bearings anyway but depends on what i come up with on the comp check and how thy cyl look lol
steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 4 September 2013 9:48  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I am thinking a two inch body lift is that OK on a yj? Don't want it to look goofy lol but want enough room for a mm lift and belly up in the future? Haven't dove into the engine yet lol
Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 4 September 2013 11:54  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I'm not much help with the engine stuff, would have to research it myself.

2" body lift is okay but I like to keep it around 1" for appearance and less leverage on the body mounts. TJ flares are a good mod for tire clearance, as well as add-a-leaf from a donor front spring pack. I ran this setup for years before going SOA.

steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 4 September 2013 13:24  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
ok yeah i was kinda thinking that on the 2 inch body lift too i dont like that gap in there looks wise.. yeah i have seen a few write ups on the baster pack springs the guy that i bought it off of is supposed to give me his old spings (he is lifting his)
Forums | SWB Technical Forum | new YJ to me Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed