Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Florida Keys Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
Mr Moke
St Peters, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 28 August 2013 20:38  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I recall seeing a post from someone that just took his Jeep to the Keys. Cant remember who or where posted.
Jane and I are looking to go soon and would like to chat about locations to stay.

BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!

Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 28 August 2013 21:58  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Find a B&B to stay in. If going to Key West, you'll probably be closer to Duval St that way.
1 Long CJ
Highland, IL
Online Member
Posted - 29 August 2013 12:25  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
There's almost always something going on that makes it hard to get a good deal on a place to stay. Bike Week, Fantasy Fest, Power Boat Races, etc. If you can book early and have friends going with you, you can get a nice house (with a pool) for a good price.
xj6in
Where hi-cap mags are legal and pot is not!!!, MO
Online Member
Posted - 29 August 2013 14:6  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Moke, I got married down in key west... Its the wifes favorite place to go. Cant give too much detail typing from my flip phone. If you want stop over tthis weekend and she will give you more info then you probably want.
Mr Moke
St Peters, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 30 August 2013 20:12  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
We are looking to stay north of key west closer to Marathon. Think we found a place. Thanks for the tips.

BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!

chrispy
, CO
Online Member
Posted - 30 August 2013 22:38  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
i havent been to the keys in 20 years, but i keep a passport to the 'Conch Republic'

if you havent done it already, read at

http://www.conchrepublic.com/welcome.htm

its entertaining at least, and at best, it describes how a small group of oppressed US citizens (i.e. citizens of Key West), seceeded from the nation, and invaded Fort Jefferson..

also, carriers of a Conch Republic Passport sometimes get unadvertised specials at local bars and restaraunts.

suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 31 August 2013 0:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Suntan Oil, Beach, naps, drinks, repeat.......
geoscar
Bonne Terre, MO
Online Member
Posted - 31 August 2013 9:29  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
You can also try looking on VRBO.com ,,,Vacation Rentals By Owner,,,and they have houses and condos for rent everywhere. The owners are the ones who post and I have got some dandy deals on there before. It is definitely worth looking at no matter where you are going
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Florida Keys Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply