Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Technical Forum | Fuel pump relay bypass Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
dauber
Festus, MO
Online Member
Posted - 30 August 2013 11:55  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I have a 96 Cherokee that I just picked up as an engine donor for the wife's 96, and it came with a full tank of gas. I need to pump the fuel out of the tank, is there a way to jumper the fuel pump relay so I can use it to drain the tank?
steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 30 August 2013 13:0  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
yep i have done it a few times pull the fuel pump relay out and jump from pin to pin i forget what pin it was but if you test light one will be power then jump that one to the out going power should be able to look at the relay to see what one is outgoing i dont remember..
dauber
Festus, MO
Online Member
Posted - 30 August 2013 22:57  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Did that on my Neon, will look at it tomorrow if it ain't too hot again like today was! Thanks much.
dauber
Festus, MO
Online Member
Posted - 2 September 2013 20:29  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Worked great. Pulled the Schrader valve out of the fuel rail and put a length of heater hose clamped onto it, ran off into a gas can. Took the time to wire up a toggle switch with two wires with spade terminals on the ends, pulled the fuel pump relay, used a meter to find the power side of the plug, the one opposite the power one was to the pump. Turned on the toggle switch and away it went. What sucked is all I have is a one gallon metal can, dang squirrels chewed holes in all the plastic ones I had that were bigger.
Forums | General Technical Forum | Fuel pump relay bypass Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply