Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Jeep Parts Classifieds | Parting out a 1981 CJ 5 Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
redeye
St. Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 2 September 2013 10:11  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Parting out a 1981 CJ 5

- Chevy V8 Radiator - 150.00obo
- Tub with rear tube fenders - $750.00obo
- 4 - Wagoneer leaf springs - $325.00
- Steering linkage (all 1 ton) - $110.00
- Front drive shaft with 1350 c/v & 1410 axle (41 1/2" c/c) - $300.00
- Rear CV drive shaft with 1350 c/v & 1410 axle joints (c/cis 18 5/8" long installed' with a max of 20" fully extended) (new was $419.00) - $300.00
- Complete CJ wiring harness from Painless - $500.00 Obo
- AGR power steering box - $200.00
- Steering Shaft - $100.00 (like new)

The motor, tranny are now up for sale.
The motor is a Chevy 383 stoker (I can email all the spec) - $4000.00
The tranny is a Muncie Sm465 - $300.00obo

All large parts are pick up only.

I will be adding parts as they come off, so if any questions about anything please ask.

You can reach me at 314-565-3875. Please place the title in the subject line or I will not respond.

I have a lot pictures, of these parts so I can send them upon request.

Thank You
Mike

1 TON YJ with a LS1

polarfire
Columbia, MO
Online Member
Posted - 2 September 2013 16:2  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I'm interested in the radiator, do you know brand or any info in it? Also interested in steering shaft, do you have info on it?

Thanks

redeye
St. Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 2 September 2013 19:36  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
The radiator is a Afco racing radiator, to fit in the cj grille. It's 3" thick. I would have to say that's its got to be at least a dual 1" tubes to keep a 383 stoker cool.

As for the steering shaft I'm another sure of the manufacture, but it has a square coupler at the column. It appears to be like new cause all the joints are in great shape & it slides real easy.

JohnsonM
St. louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 5 September 2013 10:22  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Mike send me a picture of the radiator. 314c 7 four nine 8 three 8 five
Thanks
Mike
JohnsonM
St. louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 5 September 2013 10:23  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Mike send me a picture of the radiator. 314c 7 four nine 8 three 8 five
Thanks
Mike
redeye
St. Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 5 September 2013 10:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Sent them to you.
polarfire
Columbia, MO
Online Member
Posted - 10 September 2013 22:59  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Pics of radiator and steering shaft to polarfire1976@yahoo.com please. I will be up that way on the 18th and could possibly pick them up.
redeye
St. Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 10 September 2013 23:4  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Pics sent
polarfire
Columbia, MO
Online Member
Posted - 11 September 2013 20:36  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I'm going to pass on the radiator but still interested in steering shaft. Email sent.
Forums | Jeep Parts Classifieds | Parting out a 1981 CJ 5 Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed