Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | lt500r quadzilla Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 5 September 2013 7:24  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
hi not sure if this is the right spot but just had a question... i know these are supposed to be crazy fast but what are they worth? about of course it runs and had 1300 bucks put into the motor about a year ago new piston new bigger carb crank rebuilt and what not. 1990 no title

Edited by - steveinil on 9/5/2013 7:25:18 AM

Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 5 September 2013 7:58  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Sweet bike.
steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 5 September 2013 8:43  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
i may be doing some trading for it this sat we shall see lol
chrispy
, CO
Online Member
Posted - 5 September 2013 14:48  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
yea, crazy fast. i had a banshee and back in the day, it was all about banshee vs quadzilla...

what i found tho was that 2wd quads just didn't do the job for most of what i was doing. great in sand, but worthless on rocks, and hard to keep running at low speeds in uneven terrain. in short, more work than fun.. absolutely a blast tho in the dunes or for sand/mud drags, if that's your thing.

worth? id guess between 1800 and 3000 depending on condition, mods, etc..... i see a few low ball rides around from 1200-2000 and a couple folks asking upwards of 3k, but the ads seem to repeat for months at that price point..

j-mox
Chaffee, MO
Online Member
Posted - 5 September 2013 16:31  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I'm kinda interested in what they are worth too.

I know somebody looking to maybe sell one.

2500HD
Waterloo, IL
Online Member
Posted - 5 September 2013 19:21  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Bout right. $2k-$3k depending. They look like a fun ride. Just don't think they handle or have the grunt of today's 4-stroke 450's.
steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 6 September 2013 6:47  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
yeah i am actually 99% sure im not going to keep it just doing some trading for a few things i dont need. so if the deal goes through i will have it for sale trade more for sale lol unless someone has a xdm compact .45 they want to trade and cash..:) or xds in .45
Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 6 September 2013 8:42  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
My 2wd sport quad did ok in the rocks at Washita, at least until I broke the handlebars. I will agree it's a ton of work to throw it around and pick the right lines, but I like the lighter weight over the 4wd.

Let me know when you get it, I'd like to kick the tires lol.

steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 6 September 2013 9:18  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Lol OK chris will do I haven't ridden one In years lol
steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 7 September 2013 17:40  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Well made the trade only rode it a few minutes but wow its fast lol has full exhaust engine was gone through in 3/12 1300$ was spent new piston crank was rebuilt new 41mm carb
Forums | General Discussion Forum | lt500r quadzilla Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed