Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Non-Jeep Parts Classifieds | WTB: TRAIL CAM Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
kinder1390
alton, IL
Online Member
Posted - 6 September 2013 9:46  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
someone keeps stealing parts/tires/scrap from around my shop and id like to put this to a stop.

does anyone have a decent trail cam for sale? or maybe a suggestion on what brand/style i need to get?

thanks alot,
-Nick

RUBINOT
St Charles, MO
Club Member
Posted - 6 September 2013 12:17  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
How about a deer cam. I know a lot places using those. There cheap and take good pics.
steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 6 September 2013 12:47  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
i got one from walmart 50bucks havent used it yet so cant tell you how good it works but price was nice lol i think its only a 3mp but good enough and like a flash range of 25feet.
636Rubi
ofallon, MO
Club Member
Posted - 6 September 2013 13:6  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
When your shopping you have to keep in mind the area you are trying to capture. You wont have a zoom. so be sure the area is close to the camera. More megapixels the better. Be sure its ONLY equipped with IR flash or your thieves will now have your new camera to add the the stash of stuff they have taken from you. I would suggest a choke point if possible to help direct them towards a particular area and place the camera near that location. Good luck
xj6in
Where hi-cap mags are legal and pot is not!!!, MO
Online Member
Posted - 6 September 2013 13:55  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
IR flash is a must, if you have wireless in your shop get a eyefi memory card to go into the camera, then create a photobucket account for the card. When the cam takes a picture it will down load it to photobucket. I have one set up like this and it works great.
kinder1390
alton, IL
Online Member
Posted - 7 September 2013 8:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
ok so anyone have a specific brand that they prefer or are they all pretty close in quality?

i plan on getting 2, one for one side of the shop, and one for the other

xj6in
Where hi-cap mags are legal and pot is not!!!, MO
Online Member
Posted - 7 September 2013 17:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Mine are just cabelas, don't know the brand... they take 4d batteries... I am told that the ones that take 8 AA's batteries seem have a better battery life..

If you can, don't mount them on the shop walls, but mount them on post or trees so they face the shop. That way a passing car isn't going to set them off every 5 seconds. The one thing to look at is the "trigger time" for the first shot... Some are delayed up to 5 seconds which might be too long to catch someone doing a quick grab and run.

Brentmc83
Mt. Sterling, IL
Online Member
Posted - 26 September 2013 0:29  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Your best bet for what you're looking for would be black flash camera bc even with an IR camera the diodes still light up red which could lead to a stolen or smashed camera. Black flash does not light up at all. Another important factor is trigger speed, slow trigger means no clear n visible pics. Some of the better brands are Cuddeback-1/4 second trigger, Eyecon-1/3 second trigger, n Moultrie-1 second or less. Prices can range between $170-250 and like most things ya get what ya pay for so my advice don't go cheap. Good luck.
pudggie
Oakville, MO
Club Member
Posted - 28 September 2013 12:58  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Look of a surveillance camera system with four cameras . Most these days will do what you want have two week back up or more,simple to put in the 16 camera systems we buy are less than a grand if you want the web site pm me and I'll give it to you
Forums | Non-Jeep Parts Classifieds | WTB: TRAIL CAM Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply