Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Need date ideas Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2 
Author Topic
nate
Middle of nowhere, MO
Online Member
Posted - 7 September 2013 10:42  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
My wife wants to go out...

By go out she doesn't want to go bowling. Somewhere that would require me to wear a tie is what she has in mind.

Ideas for date nights in St. Louis that won't kill my piggy bank?

Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 7 September 2013 12:32  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides

http://www.repstl.org/season/

http://www.fabulousfox.com/upcoming_shows.aspx

http://www.touhill.org/default.asp?touhill=98

This one might be a bit more risqué, but I've heard good things about it, and it looks like there is a performance next Saturday.
http://www.thejumpinjupiter.com/

Mr Moke
St Peters, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 7 September 2013 17:22  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Wear a tie? That means a funeral or you're going to be a groomsman in a wedding.

BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!

Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 7 September 2013 17:29  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
How did this get to have -1 replies?

nate
Middle of nowhere, MO
Online Member
Posted - 7 September 2013 17:30  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
quote:
Wear a tie? That means a funeral or you're going to be a groomsman in a wedding.

her idea.

ddIII
OFallon, MO
Online Member
Posted - 9 September 2013 12:4  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Take her out to dinner to a fancy resturaunt so she has to dress up, there are plenty of them. Bring her some flowers to show her you care and don't look at your watch or cell phone during dinner that is always a turn off. Remember it's about her, surprise with something that she use to like to do when you first, then take her to go and do that afterwards.
JaneS
Chesterfield, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 9 September 2013 12:5  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Wheeling! You can wear a tie there. We would only make fun of you a teeny-tiny bit!
steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 9 September 2013 12:42  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
well wont kill the bank but hurts it some but the melting pot is pretty romantical.. cost is about 1-125 or so takes forever to eat there (fondoo and you cook it at your table)
JN JEEP 2
Centralia, IL
Club Member
Posted - 9 September 2013 13:20  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
White Castle and then Ted Drewes.

Wearing a tie is kind of like a leash, isn't it?

I wore a tie to work once for Halloween as part of my costume. Some didn't think it was funny.

little95-YJ
Hart of the barn. AKA Barnhart, MO
Online Member
Posted - 9 September 2013 22:5  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I guess a brewery tour then Gus's is out.
safetyguy
Fairview Heights, IL
Online Member
Posted - 10 September 2013 7:38  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Just a couple in the medium price range.

Gian-Tonys on the Hill
Farmhaus on Ivanhoe in City.
Trattoria Marcelle on Watson.
Monarch on Manchester in Maplewood
Villa Faratto or either Faratto resturant. Maplewood or Chesterfield.
Club 360- for the views and wow factor.....
Cardwells- simple Mall Joint, but nice atmospere.
The shaved Duck...Nice menu and the rauchy booze crowd shows up pretty early.
Hell, dress up in your favorite Drag and hit Hamburger Mary's on Olive.....

There are many more.

All of those will set you back a cool hundy, but could be done for 50 and you sneak in your flask full of your favorite libation....Bottle wine kills the budget....

Just remember, everything is extra at the good resturants. Keep it simple and don't piss off the chef.....

Bonne appetite....YO

jeepr
Crestwood, MO
MWJT Webmaster
Posted - 10 September 2013 9:55  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
As suggested, if you haven't been to the melting pot that is kind of a fun experience and a several hour eating extravaganza. Doesn't really require a tie, but it is upscale.

And Stalker, I have no idea how it got -1, I've never seen that before.

Edited by - jeepr on 9/10/2013 9:57:51 AM

n0azz
Monett, MO
Online Member
Posted - 10 September 2013 13:21  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
To place things in perspective to your budget for your "Date Night" for the wife, think about how much you have spent on the Jeep recently???

Then go where "She wants to go" it's her night. Then when your there as others have said give her your full attention!! Leave watch, cell phone any other distractions at home or car.

And never, never act like your in a hurry to leave let her decide. Ask me how I know these things twice divorced and currently married 35 yrs. By mistakes of coarse 8>).

Fred

xj6in
Where hi-cap mags are legal and pot is not!!!, MO
Online Member
Posted - 10 September 2013 13:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Try to find someone thats having a pigroast and take her to that. I will try to find SteveC and see if he would be willing to throw her into the pool again... :D ... Man I never seen someone get so fiesty... She was climbing over him like a spider monkey on a cocaine range... Sorry I was no help man, I just cant get that moment out of my head and thinking, im glad I wasnt you on the ride home...
suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 10 September 2013 14:27  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
That description just made me bust out laughing.
kpound
Wentzville, MO
Online Member
Posted - 10 September 2013 16:49  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
You can get one of those "suit & tie" t-shirts & come to my Hog Roast Party....
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Need date ideas Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed