Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Trail Head | Intro to Offroad - Oct. 6th Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2 
Author Topic
Jersey
St Louis, MO
Club Member
Posted - 8 September 2013 8:4  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
We will be holding an Introduction to Offroading class on Sunday, October 6th, at the Sayersbrook Bison Ranch in Potosi.

The first half of the day will include classroom style education, followed by a nice lunch of bison meat and a guided trail ride through the beginner level trails on the property.

This is the perfect event for all of you new Jeep owners that have been looking for the right "first time" to get your Jeep into 4-Lo and see just what it is capable of!

We kindly ask that you sign up in the Events Calander so that we can prepare enough food and resources to make this a truly memorable day for everyone.

This is a family friendly event and costs only $10.00 per person (which includes your lunch). We like to start at 9:00am, so please arrive a few minutes before then so you have time to sign in and find a seat.

Looking forward to seeing you all! Below is a link to the sign-up page.

Jersey

http://www.midwestjeepthing.com/events/event_detail.asp?eventid=957&month=10&year=2013

JaneS
Chesterfield, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 9 September 2013 22:6  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Sadly, we will not be able to make this one. We will have Moke relaxing on the beach on a much-deserved vacation. This will be the first one we've missed for years. We love these events.

Long-time wheelers & club members- consider attending to lend your advice and encouragement. It is so much fun to help the new folks find their wheeling style and show them what their jeeps can do. :-)

n0azz
Monett, MO
Club Member
Posted - 10 September 2013 17:4  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Don't know it I could make this one I'm at the other side of the state in SW MO. But this is what I really need as a new off roader and still building my XJ.

One thing I need to ask are disabled people ie. mobility problems, Oxygen 24/7 and would need some help in case of trouble better off not coming to these events? My wife goes with me sometimes as well as my son and grandson but all as a collective no real off road experience. They made me stop drag racing after 40+ years because the need of oxygen in car and class I ran.

In no way do I want to impose on anyone more so than any other member of the club, if it does so I will just go it on my own. I'm sure there must be others in this area who do 4 wheel together.

BulletProof
Kingwood, TX
Club Member
Posted - 10 September 2013 17:27  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
n0azz, bring what you need. I'm disabled, and have never had to ask twice for help if I needed it. Our club has a GREAT bunch of Jeepers who are willing to do what it takes to make it a great time for all.
suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 10 September 2013 18:32  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
As Dave said, come on out and have fun!!
Kenosobby
Pontoon Beach, IL
Online Member
Posted - 24 September 2013 15:35  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Now would this be suitable for a bone stock JK. I ordered a 2014 and I dont plan on doing the build until this winter but the family cant wait to at least take it out at least once.
tae73
Jefferson City, MO
Club Member
Posted - 24 September 2013 16:10  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Yes a bonestock jeep can run it, we did this back in March well worth it. Good trail guides and spotters to help you if you need help.
Kenosobby
Pontoon Beach, IL
Online Member
Posted - 24 September 2013 16:13  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Now would this be suitable for a bone stock JK. I ordered a 2014 and I dont plan on doing the build until this winter but the family cant wait to at least take it out at least once.
Rjsjr_83@yahoo.com
Arnold, MO
Club Member
Posted - 27 September 2013 18:57  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Guess I should of asked this question here instead of when I said yes and no one can reply?! I intend on making it to the newbie run but my son and I are camping at Onondaga State Park with his Boy Scout troop and because I don't own any tents I will have the pop up. Is there somewhere safe to drop it so I can join in the run? Thanks.
BulletProof
Kingwood, TX
Club Member
Posted - 27 September 2013 19:45  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Rjsjr, I'm sure we can figure out someplace to drop it.
Jersey
St Louis, MO
Club Member
Posted - 29 September 2013 19:54  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
There is a lot of room for your pop up! No worries there.

Looking forward to meeting all of you new Jeepers!

Cormaster
Kirkwood, MO
Club Member
Posted - 1 October 2013 15:58  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Is this members only? How late does it normally go?
Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 1 October 2013 16:18  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Not members only (but you'll want to join after all the fun you have)
Ends usually around mid afternoon, 4-5 at the latest with parking lot chit-chat. But there are usually opportunities to leave earlier if you want.
Jersey
St Louis, MO
Club Member
Posted - 2 October 2013 5:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Stalker is correct.

Shortly after 9:00am we will begin an informal 'classroom style' session that reviews some fundamentals of off roading as well as some safety and upgrade topics.

From there, we serve up some great bison lunch and soda pop.

After that, we have two trails that we are scheduled to run which should bring us pretty close to 3pm. More than likely, that will be the end of the day - unless there is a group of folks that want to try and squeeze in 'one more trail...'

Hope to see you all there...

Banjo
Arnold , MO
Club Member
Posted - 2 October 2013 12:26  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Is anyone meeting up at the QT on 141 and 21 to jeepavan down? And not, does anyone want to?
Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 2 October 2013 17:30  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
^^ What time?
Forums | Trail Head | Intro to Offroad - Oct. 6th Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed