Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | xpi- still with us? Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
snap-on
Peoria, IL
Online Member
Posted - 12 September 2013 13:52  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/12/us/flooding-colorado/?hpt=us_c2

has that impacted you? you play FF in boulder county dont you?

Holaday
St. Peters , MO
Online Member
Posted - 12 September 2013 14:29  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
My folks are pulling out of Estes Park right now. Said the town is getting trashed.
snap-on
Peoria, IL
Online Member
Posted - 12 September 2013 15:6  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I know cayon road leading out of there has been washed away several times before due to "walls of water"
chrispy
, CO
Online Member
Posted - 12 September 2013 17:24  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
... yes.. still here. while our department has not been affected by the flooding, beyond damage to the gravel parking lot in front of my station, we are on standby to cover areas not reachable due to road closures by neighboring departments... and also on standby to respond as needed to areas in the metro...

from my house, there are basically 5 ways off the mountain..

hwy 119 / boulder canyon, closed.
hwy 72 /Coal Creek Canyon, Closed
hwy 46 / Golden Gate Canyon, huge rockslide last nite, 100 yards of a cliff face sloughed off and blocked the road, but, its open now.
hwy 6 / Clear creek canyon, was closed due to rockslides, but open now.. for now.
central city parkway, open.

its a mess up here. estes park flooded, boulder flooded.

many of these pictures are taken from the house Eddie and Rain (007) used to live in, in coal creek canyon. (have to be on facebook to see..)

https://www.facebook.com/JeffersonCountySheriff

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152236355599899.1073741846.18943944898&type=1

the whole two lane highway is just.. gone.

making matters worse, my Jeep is in Longmont at northridge4x4 getting the new ProRock44 installed, so im in a leased Nissan Altima 3.5.... which in any other conditions would be a GREAT car for canyon carving...er.. commuting.. but the last week each morning ive been concerned about hitting a tennis ball sized rock in the road and totaling the car, or worse, the road not being there when I drive into town.

lets see..
Legalization of MMJ
lack of good snowfall during the last 5 winters
5 summers of serious wild land fires..
Legalization of Pot
ridiculous gun legislation
and now major flooding..

I'm pretty sure at this point God is punishing Colorado for giving its 9 electoral votes to Obama.

Edited by - chrispy on 9/12/2013 5:27:25 PM

Edited by - chrispy on 9/12/2013 5:28:18 PM

Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 12 September 2013 19:39  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
We were in Estes Park the past few days, spent last night at Timber Creek on the West side. Our gear is soaked but its nothing in comparison to what Boulder and EP residents are going through.
chrispy
, CO
Online Member
Posted - 12 September 2013 21:9  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
we just got alerted... the only way in or out of our county is central city parkway... rain falling at a rate of 1" an hour.

marvin
Fenton, MO
Online Member
Posted - 12 September 2013 21:18  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Big Thompson flooded? When I was out there back in late June the western slopes were doing okay with the rain but the front range was having lots of flash floods. And it rained every afternoon.
chrispy
, CO
Online Member
Posted - 12 September 2013 21:46  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
yea, pretty bad.
JaneS
Chesterfield, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 12 September 2013 22:15  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Wow, you guys are having a run of odd and scary weather. Take care.
chrispy
, CO
Online Member
Posted - 12 September 2013 22:33  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
if this were snow, its estimated 160 to 200 inches would have fallen in the last week. guess we can count our blessings, eh?
Forums | General Discussion Forum | xpi- still with us? Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply