Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Technical Forum | HID JK/ DODGE headlights. Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
chrispy
, CO
Club Member
Posted - 12 September 2013 14:48  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
we ordered HID replacement bulbs for our 2 dodges for the FD, from retro-solutions.com ... and they look great... we got the 6000k bulbs and they match rigid fogs perfectly.

after installing my new rigid LED's in the factory fog lamp locations my stock headlights looked very yellow compared to the white light off the fogs, so i ordered a set for my JK... note, if your rig has a sticker in the door that says 'HID" the reflector is already designed for HID bulbs.... if not, you may not get a focused beam with HID's... anyway, used the code DODGE for a 10% discount...

there ARE some complaints on the internet about this company, so buyer beware, but our experience so far has been very good... the kit is a plug and play kit for the JK, except you need to run a power and ground and mount the harness/ballast..

Enjoy!

marvin
Fenton, MO
Club Member
Posted - 12 September 2013 21:31  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Thanks for the update Chrispy. I have been thinking about upgrading my factory lights and have been reading different reviews. Definitely on my short list.
loadbreak
High Ridge, MO
MWJT Vendor Relations
Posted - 13 September 2013 16:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Thanks Chrispy
thetoejam
High Ridge, MO
Online Member
Posted - 13 September 2013 20:0  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I went with Rebel Offroads Hellfire HID kit. Looked at a good review of different options on JKOwners and for the price, the Rebel kit seemed like the best for I wanted to do. Not DOT compliant.
chrispy
, CO
Club Member
Posted - 14 September 2013 2:15  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
The rebel offroad hellfire kit is nice.... But backordered......and seeing it side by side with these, there wasn't a difference between the hellfire and the 35watt kit..I went with the 55 watt kit which I had not seen on a jeep but is supposedly 30% brighter....

some folks in the industry have said the hellfire system and the retro solutions system are actually similar, if not the same systems..

Edited by - chrispy on 9/14/2013 3:47:36 AM

thetoejam
High Ridge, MO
Online Member
Posted - 16 September 2013 19:51  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Recently started having an issue with the HIDs, where one or the other or both wouldn't light up. Called Rebel and talked with their lighting tech and was able to diagnose the problem over the phone. The relay got fried, probably due to water. They are sending a new one out at no charge. Just put the old bulbs back in so I can have headlights. Great customer service.
Forums | General Technical Forum | HID JK/ DODGE headlights. Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply