Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | High steer Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
Bor
Manchester, MO
Online Member
Posted - 17 September 2013 9:31  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Just got GM Dana 60. Thinking of high steer set up. 42" TLS with healthy horse power--- a lot on market - any opinions:
1. arms
2. heims or TREs
3. Double sheer is not out of question
etc, etc, etc....
JeepinJason
Clayton, NC
Online Member
Posted - 17 September 2013 10:17  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Scott and Axleboy custom built a great high steer on my TJ that has held up awesome and did not even need a stabilizer.
Bushwhacker
, IL
Club Member
Posted - 17 September 2013 11:56  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Full Hyrdo or assist.
Bor
Manchester, MO
Online Member
Posted - 17 September 2013 12:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Probably assist--
robs
O'Fallon, IL
Online Member
Posted - 17 September 2013 19:18  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Build objectives? I'm rockin 37s and has to be interstate friendly.. went with assist... one of the best add's I've done...

Ball joints or King pins? I did TREs with king pins

Edited by - robs on 9/17/2013 7:19:03 PM

Bor
Manchester, MO
Online Member
Posted - 17 September 2013 21:13  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Yes on the kingpins,the build is a 90 YJ
*350 hp/ 450 torque built AMC 360 with Howell TBI
*AMC TF 727 HD internals w/Dodge tail shaft w/reverse manual valve body
*Dodge NP231 range box GM NP205 doubler triple sticks
*d60 front w/5:13s 35spline ARB king pin
*14 bolt FF w/disc conversion 5:13s (open for now)
*42 TSLs w/32bolt double beadlocks

Healthy motor,good throttle response, low gearing, big treads. I do like the concept of the double sheer arms, but there pricey. Anyway-- just fishing

chrispy
, CO
Club Member
Posted - 18 September 2013 0:30  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
simple, really..

if its trailered, then heims. easy trail fixes, no tapers, etc.

if you drive it on the street, TRE's are the only safe way to go. heims, even the high quality ones, cannot stand up to the constant vibrations that occur with street driving.

JohnsonM
St. louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 18 September 2013 7:21  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Assist and heims, for years of trouble free driving and competing.
Forums | General Discussion Forum | High steer Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed