Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Firearms policy? Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
BradXJ
St. Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 18 September 2013 16:42  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I saw Aaron Tarlow post on facebook that he will not join because of our firearms policy. I did not know we had one, what is it?
BulletProof
Kingwood, TX
Online Member
Posted - 18 September 2013 17:19  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
The only thing mentioned in bylaws is,

SECTION 19.
Illegal possession of firearms during a club
sponsored event is strictly prohibited.

loadbreak
High Ridge, MO
MWJT Vendor Relations
Posted - 18 September 2013 17:55  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
That's all I can find also.
Bling
Saint Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 18 September 2013 20:11  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
There was a big stink before because we didn't allow them at our events, period.

When we re-wrote the bylaws we changed it to only prohibit "illegal possession".

My guess is he doesn't even know what the policy is now.

Edited by - Bling on 9/18/2013 8:18:10 PM

suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 18 September 2013 21:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
And if you are legally in possession and following ccw rules no one will know it anyway. If someone knows you have one, that's NOT CONCEALED
Mr Moke
St Peters, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 19 September 2013 6:12  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I had a nice chat with him last night. Hopefully we'll see him soon.

BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!

BradXJ
St. Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 19 September 2013 9:43  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Ok so I was right, that is what I thought the policy said. Thanks
LMTD
St Charles, MO
Online Member
Posted - 19 September 2013 14:9  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
And FYI, the change resulted in a request for removal from various boycott list as well.

Since the change was without fanfair, the removal was done the same way, figured the topic left best alone.

Chewy
Imperial, MO
Club Member
Posted - 24 September 2013 17:57  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Hope that isn't a real reason to stay away...there isn't a need for a fun with all of us around! ;) we will just run people over...it have Suz throw bullets at 'em.
n0azz
Monett, MO
Online Member
Posted - 26 September 2013 8:0  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Give me a shotgun, rifle and my 4 wheel drive "Jeep" as I always have my .45. As most of us Country Boys can Survive.

Ever since I started driving in 1962 age 14 in KS. I always had a gun of some kind in what ever I was driving. I loved hunting/plinking/target shooting on my 7th birthday my mom and dad gave me my first gun a Remington .22 single shot youth model short stock lol.

Fred

Forums | General Discussion Forum | Firearms policy? Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed