Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Technical Forum | 1 ton brake calipers vs 3/4 Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
Bor
Manchester, MO
Online Member
Posted - 30 September 2013 11:26  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
GM Dana 60--- calipers are held in place by keepers. 3/4 ton disc conversions have been around for a while. 3/4 ton are mounted by slide bolts. Soooo I guess if anyone has done this conversion, I can only assume that the 3/4 ton works as effectively as the 1 ton calipers due to a lot less pedal force to move the caliper with equal stopping capability. Save alot in weight also. 3/4 ton are usually dual piston also. Cannot comment on MC/booster. Any input.
chrispy
, CO
Club Member
Posted - 30 September 2013 20:6  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
what year? calipers vary by year and gross vehicle weight... not 'ton'.
Bushwhacker
, IL
Club Member
Posted - 30 September 2013 21:23  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I ditched the d60 calipers and run 3/4 ton Chevy all around. There are vendors that sell the brackets. Stops fine. I'm running a 1ton dodge MC and an adjustable prop valve.

Edited by - Bushwhacker on 9/30/2013 9:25:16 PM

Bor
Manchester, MO
Online Member
Posted - 18 October 2013 7:11  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Bush--- do you remember what bracket you used? Or did the boys fab one up for ya?
Bushwhacker
, IL
Club Member
Posted - 19 October 2013 20:12  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
One was from WFO concepts, can't remember where the other was from.
Bor
Manchester, MO
Online Member
Posted - 21 October 2013 7:29  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
You running a Ford D60?
Bushwhacker
, IL
Club Member
Posted - 21 October 2013 11:41  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Yeah, Ford HP D60 and 14B. There are lots of companies that make them.
Forums | General Technical Forum | 1 ton brake calipers vs 3/4 Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed