Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Product Reviews | zBoost Cell Phone Signal Booster Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
Lil Toe
Labadie, MO
Club Member
Posted - 24 October 2013 9:5  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
So, we got the fancy phones, dropped the home phone, and promptly found out how crappy the antenna's are on smartphones. As anyone that has tried to use your phone inside a metal building, you know that the signal can be less than ideal We couldn't talk on the phone more than 4' from the front door and forget any data. The tablet really only worked at the kitchen table, couldn't sit on the couch or even lay in bed and read.

So, I started researching signal boosters and quickly found out that while 4G LTE is great for data, voice is still on the old 3G/4G networks, so we would need two different boosters, great. All in one boosters are available but are close to $1k, so more research turned up zBoost and their boosters seemed to have pretty good reviews. I found this package at a place called Solid Signal:

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=yx545-upgrade-att&d=wi-ex-zboost-soho-yx545-3g-and-4g-dual-band-wireless-extender-for-use-with-att-lte-and-aws

I did a couple things different. I ran both antennas with upgraded RS6 cable and installed them on a piece of conduit and TV antenna hangers off the roof peak, so the antennas are about 4' above the peak. Hooked everything up and turned them on and immediately had better signal inside the shop than we have standing in the middle of my parking area. We had phones searching for signal so much overnight that they would burn through half a battery charge, last night was less than 25%. I have 4-5 bars of signal, both voice and data, in the living area and at least 4 bars out in the shop as well. So far very happy.

Lil Toe
Labadie, MO
Club Member
Posted - 12 December 2013 11:25  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
So far, these have been great, we can sit on the couch or in bed and get great signal. Phones hardly use any battery overnight, before it would burn through 30+% because of weak signal. My brother liked them so much I got him the 3G booster for his house for Xmas. He has wifi so didn't need the LTE booster.

Forums | Product Reviews | zBoost Cell Phone Signal Booster Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply