Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Dealerships, business must be very good Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
RUBINOT
St Charles, MO
Club Member
Posted - 24 October 2013 17:19  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Ok, so I'm in the market for a new JK. Have sent emails to several dealerships. Told them exactly what I want with finance request.

Some got back with me, but only said I must come in so we can talk. Others nevered answered.

What's up with that.

WhiteTJ
Saint Peters, MO
Online Member
Posted - 24 October 2013 17:47  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Last year we needed quotes on concrete work. I called many places for estimates. Only about 20% called back and even some of those never showed up to give an estimate. I thought times were hard but i guess not.
loadbreak
High Ridge, MO
MWJT Vendor Relations
Posted - 24 October 2013 20:15  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Have you talked to Mike Erp at All-Star?
chrispy
, CO
Club Member
Posted - 1 November 2013 8:7  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
MOST dealers will not talk specifics on financing, etc, because they dont want you to jump to the 'best deal' online .. they want the chance to hard sell you in the showroom.

im finding the same thing with subaru's... they will shoot a low price on the vehicle itself, but the minute financing comes up, they want to see me in person...

also remember that dealerships can make more on the financing deal than they do in the car itself, so they want you in there to push you into the best deal..for them..

pip
St Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 19 November 2013 22:50  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I bought my ram (started looking at grand cherokees) at Century in Wentzville last year and was happy with the experience overall. Gave me a good trade in on my Cherokee with 270,000 miles on it. No BS like I got elsewhere. I'd go back.
stevepoz
Des Peres, MO
Club Member
Posted - 23 November 2013 7:1  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Have you tried the Tread Lightly route? Join TL for a relatively small amount, you get a certificate from them which automatically gets you 1% under invoice. Rebates can then be used too.

stevepoz
Des Peres, MO
Club Member
Posted - 23 November 2013 7:4  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I worked with Cedric at Glendale. He even worked a dealer trade with a dealer in MN for my JKU. On financing they beat a ridiculously low rate I got from a credit union.
RUBINOT
St Charles, MO
Club Member
Posted - 23 November 2013 14:31  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Had a very bad experience with one dealership here in St Charles, which could have just been salesman. Another dealership bent iver backwards to help me and complete the sale which they did.

Ill make another post about my experiences soon, both good and Bad

Forums | General Discussion Forum | Dealerships, business must be very good Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed