Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Jeep Parts - Want To Buy | Cheap laptop Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
2500HD
Waterloo, IL
Online Member
Posted - 28 October 2013 21:1  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Looking to see if anyone might have a old laptop lying around they no longer use. All I am looking for is one that I can view trail cam pics on down at my hunting property. Doesn't need to do anything else other than able to take a charge and view pics from SD cards. Let me know if anyone has anything thanks
xj6in
Where hi-cap mags are legal and pot is not!!!, MO
Online Member
Posted - 29 October 2013 7:59  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I cant help on a used one, but last year I got a toshiba notebook comp from best buy sale for something silly like $120. Its got little memory and ram, but the battery last for a long time since there is no spinning hard drive or disk drive, but its got sd ports and usb ports and really thin... I use it for exactly what your wanting to do, and take it on vacations for wifi access, and at $120 im not worried about damage...
2500HD
Waterloo, IL
Online Member
Posted - 29 October 2013 8:59  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
That's good info thanks. Just wanted to check here first before I bought something new but will def look into it.

Been using the iPad and that works fine but when you are looking at 3000+ pics a week it takes forever with the iPad! We have all apple products and they suck for viewing pics. Never understood why you have to upload and save 1000+ pics off a card which takes about 10-15min just to view them and wastes a ton of space. Now you have all these pics loaded on your iPad then you have to manually delete one at a time the ones you dont want. Would it not make more sense to look st the pics and save the ones you want? Looked but could not find just a picture viewing app. Maybe someone knows of one because the iPad sucks for pics. Rant over!

PNYCUK
St. Peters, MO
Club Member
Posted - 29 October 2013 10:34  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I have an Acer Aspire one. Its a netbook that has a port for a SD card. 10.1" LED screen. It has windows 7 starter edition installed on it. intel Atom processor. 1GB Memory. 160 GB HDD. $75
Forums | Jeep Parts - Want To Buy | Cheap laptop Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply