Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Technical Forum | running rough and P2308 code? Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
ytee
Roxana, IL
Club Member
Posted - 30 October 2013 19:14  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Started running rough today so I checked for a code and found P2308 ignition coil c secondary circuit. Does this mean that I need a new coil?
xj6in
Where hi-cap mags are legal and pot is not!!!, MO
Online Member
Posted - 30 October 2013 20:50  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
That happened to me on another car and it was just a bad spark plug.
ytee
Roxana, IL
Club Member
Posted - 30 October 2013 21:0  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Thanks maybe I will just throw a set of plugs in it and see if it helps.
Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 31 October 2013 7:12  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
quote:
This code means the pcm has seen an issue with the #3 ignition coil. This could be due to loss of power to the coil or the coil itself.If you have a volt meter you can test the power to the coil and the resistance of the coil. In most cases replacing the coil should resolve the problem

A solution I found online:

quote:
Update:
I traced a bad coil driver signal going into the coil all the way back to back to the pcm for coil#3. I determined the pcm had a bad coil driver for the #3 coil.
I ordered the remanned computer from Auto Computer Exchange in FL.
I installed the new computer. It seems to work. The computer has a lifetime warranty so I think I am golden. Thanks for your help.
Forums | General Technical Forum | running rough and P2308 code? Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply