Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Pricing JK Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
BLACKLOCK
Valmeyer, IL
Online Member
Posted - 7 November 2013 12:59  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Trying to figure out what my JKU is worth. Its an 08 X 4wd with 60000mi hardtop, sidesteps, pwr window, locks, cruise, sat/CD and foglights. all stock. I see others on autotrader ranging from 23000 up to 28000 for about the same options and mileage. KBB says its value is 21900. Any ideas on the price and how the values can range so much? I may be needing to sell it/trade it for something older and cheaper.
Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 7 November 2013 13:21  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I've seen a few JKU's for sale and they were priced over book at about the same percentage as the ones you've seen. The one's I've seen haven't sold, so I would tend to believe the book price is more accurate.
marvin
Fenton, MO
Online Member
Posted - 7 November 2013 21:58  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Most of the ones that are above the KBB are usually at a dealer of some sorts or someone basing their price on dealers prices not KBB. If you want to sell it quickly...below KBB or right at it. If not in a hurry...24500 sounds about right.
Banjo
Arnold , MO
Club Member
Posted - 8 November 2013 0:32  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I agree with Marvin. For the same price (23-28000) you could buy a newer one than an 08. I got my 2011 JKU last year for 24,000. That's with trade in of my 01 XJ. Dealer had it priced at 28,000 with only 12,000 miles on it.
RUBINOT
St Charles, MO
Club Member
Posted - 8 November 2013 9:48  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
It's amazing how well JK's (and other Wranglers) are holding their value.

I bought a used 12 JK, but got a super deal on it because it had 53,000 miles, plus I still have valid license plates from my last JK, "12-JK".

Edited by - Carl on 11/8/2013 9:49:32 AM

wiredawg_mg
Columbia, IL
Club Member
Posted - 9 November 2013 17:5  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I also beleive people over value the modifications they have done. A dealer will ask $2000 for $500 worth of add-ons. Someone will pay a shop for the work and then expect the entire cost is 100% recoverable. In most all cases it is not. A $1000 lift that someone charged a $1000 to install is not a $2000 lift. The $1000 in labor was only of value to you. This you I speak of is just a mythical you for the sake of the argument.
chrispy
, CO
Online Member
Posted - 12 November 2013 8:24  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
at the same time, much labor on mods DOES have value. example: gearing... professional regearing is worth much more than the price of the gears alone.

consider what it would cost to have the various mods done. if you can do them yourself, then those mods do not have value to you, and you would be better off buying a stock 'unmolested' jeep and modifying it the way you want.. if your not technically inclined that way, then its probably best to buy one already modded

numbers I have seen on other sites, and in the real world, show mods including labor, to be worth about 40-60% of the 'new' cost with full labor.

naturally, YMMV.

Forums | General Discussion Forum | Pricing JK Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply