Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Jeep Parts Classifieds | parting 1995 XJ Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2 
Author Topic
dauber
Festus, MO
Online Member
Posted - 7 November 2013 16:59  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I have a 95 XJ that I bought for the engine, and probably hanging on to the tranny and transfer as well, the rear axle howls bad under acceleration and deceleration and appeared to have a semi bad leak at one time from the right axle so I'm guessing probably pinion bearing at least. It's the "Country" trim package. Body's in good shape and complete except for the front nose panel.

Bone stock suspension, decent interior, front seats have water marks on them but not ripped, came out of the wife's XJ as she liked the ones in this one better.

NO WIRING was cut, would make a good start for a trail rig or let me know what parts you need and we'll go from there. I have the title signed over to me but didn't run it through DMV, if you want the whole vehicle and title we'll have to add the cost of running the title through.

As is without title I'm asking $400, with title would run $500 and I'd have to have $100 up front to pay the fees and get the title run through.

Any interest I'll post pics, otherwise I'm just hauling it to the scrapper.

dauber
Festus, MO
Online Member
Posted - 24 November 2013 15:25  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Still have this, anyone interested in it shoot me an offer. Receiver hitch was sold and various small parts.
jtodaro
Wentzville, MO
Online Member
Posted - 24 November 2013 17:30  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I'm looking for a good condition headlight harness (the side that goes to the headlights) from the connector that sits right under/ahead of the air box? How's yours look?
dauber
Festus, MO
Online Member
Posted - 24 November 2013 19:8  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I'll take a look at it tomorrow to make sure, but from taking the header panel off I know it wasn't cut and everything was working on it as far as lights.
wildman1226
house springs, MO
Online Member
Posted - 25 November 2013 19:29  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
The upper and lower control arm how much for them
dauber
Festus, MO
Online Member
Posted - 25 November 2013 19:33  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Have to keep it where I can move it around, I'm inside city limits and they get picky about junk vehicles, which is why I was trying to sell it as complete as possible.
jtodaro
Wentzville, MO
Online Member
Posted - 26 November 2013 8:19  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Did you check the headlight harness (and would you part with it)?
Bor
Manchester, MO
Online Member
Posted - 26 November 2013 11:1  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Rear leaf springs???
dauber
Festus, MO
Online Member
Posted - 26 November 2013 18:57  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Pulled the headlight harness to check it out. Good shape, no cutting or splicing, PO had greased the park lights so the sockets are in great condition. Bit of greenish corrosion on the connector that fastens into the main harness but the pins are ok, not eaten away, looks like a blast or two from some electronic cleaner and they'd be fine. $10 picked up ok? All the little push-in fasteners that hold it to the header panel are good too.
dauber
Festus, MO
Online Member
Posted - 26 November 2013 19:0  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
BOR, it has the original equipment leafs on it, no lift, factory sway bar still connected, probably never been off, has over 300k on it. I'm not capable of doing a lot of wrenching due to bad back, neck, hip, etc. etc. so anything major like axles or springs would be on a you-pull basis. Transmission and transfer case are about the only thing already off it other than some small engine parts.
dauber
Festus, MO
Online Member
Posted - 26 November 2013 19:4  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
wildman, I've got a guy contacted me off craigslist asking about the front axle, if someone buys it I'll make sure and hang onto the control arms off it.
Bor
Manchester, MO
Online Member
Posted - 27 November 2013 8:6  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I understand and could definitely pull the springs myself. Didn't know if I need to bring jacks/stands to do so. The reality is that I was going to bastardize them and use some leafs as add a leaf. Need older ones that are worn to avoid making suspension too stiff, just a little help.
jtodaro
Wentzville, MO
Online Member
Posted - 27 November 2013 18:42  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
dauber, e-mailed ya.
dauber
Festus, MO
Online Member
Posted - 28 November 2013 22:35  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Wiring harness boxed and will go out tomorrow morning, priority.
jtodaro
Wentzville, MO
Online Member
Posted - 30 November 2013 17:45  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Dauber, received it. Thanks again, this is a huge help as I have a few repaired wires on mine now. Going to use this one, or splice it in for a cleaner run.
dauber
Festus, MO
Online Member
Posted - 30 November 2013 20:55  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Glad I could help!
Forums | Jeep Parts Classifieds | parting 1995 XJ Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed