Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Technical Forum | Bad PCM? Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
ytee
Roxana, IL
Club Member
Posted - 17 November 2013 14:18  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Is it possible for one of the coils in the coil pack to go bad and take out the driver for that coil in the PCM? I had the coil for cylinders 3 and 6 go bad so I put a new coil pack in now I am not getting a trigger from the PCM to make the new coil fire?
Thanks
Chris
Lil Toe
Labadie, MO
Club Member
Posted - 19 November 2013 11:34  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Since you're not getting any help, could it be a corroded plug, wire, or even a pin on the PCM?

Could it be more issues, crank sensor skipping so the PCM isn't firing?

Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 19 November 2013 19:54  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Or even maybe was a bad PCM and not the coil pack? Or PCM that caused the coil pack to go?

I have no idea, just throwing that out there.

ytee
Roxana, IL
Club Member
Posted - 19 November 2013 21:17  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
When this all started I replaced the coil pack with a known good one and still no fire out of the 3rd coil. Since the new coil didn't fix I put the old coil back in. Next I purchased a new PCM and had it flashed still not firing 3rd coil. I did some more checking on the original coil pack and determined the 3rd coil was bad. I then replaced the coil pack and there is no signal coming from the PCM for the 3rd coil trigger. I will know for sure in a day or two but I am pretty confident the coil pack went bad and burnt the driver in the PCM and when I didn't think the coil pack was bad and replaced PCM I also burnt the new one. I have checked wiring, cam sensor, and crank sensor and all seem to be good. I am pretty sure I am going to have to buy another new PCM to fix.
Forums | General Technical Forum | Bad PCM? Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply