Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Unusual u-joint break Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
SOS
Troy, MO
Club Member
Posted - 18 November 2013 10:39  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Never broke one leg out of four before. I didn't think I had that much stress on it. Unusual.
Lil Toe
Labadie, MO
Club Member
Posted - 18 November 2013 10:47  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Full circle clips? Did one pop out? Are the yokes on both ends true?

SOS
Troy, MO
Club Member
Posted - 18 November 2013 11:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Clips were there, the clip on the opposite side was mangled from the joint pushing down. If there is a problem its with the axle ears.
marvin
Fenton, MO
Club Member
Posted - 18 November 2013 17:0  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I agree, most unusual.
xj6in
Where hi-cap mags are legal and pot is not!!!, MO
Online Member
Posted - 19 November 2013 20:33  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I have had that happen to me. What it was... the needle bearings wear out on the opposite cap so it puts all the pressure on the opposite end to carry the load and since the metal doesn't flex, it cracks off.. the thing is you caught it before you sheared it off and popped the ears together...
marvin
Fenton, MO
Club Member
Posted - 19 November 2013 22:16  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Learn something new everyday. Prevention would to make sure you keep them greased well?
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Unusual u-joint break Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed