Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | SWB Technical Forum | aftermarket diff covers on TJ D44 Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
PNYCUK
St. Peters, MO
Club Member
Posted - 19 November 2013 9:10  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Just curious what diff covers people have and any issues they've had with them. Specifically on TJ Rubicons. I am in the market to replace my stockers and have been reading about people having problems with track bars rubbing or hitting the gas tanks. From what I read online that this seems to be a problem mostly with people who installed riddlers or poison spyders diff covers. I want to know whats the best option out there before I buy them. Thanks

2005 Silver Rubicon

Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 19 November 2013 20:1  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
No issue with the solid diff covers front or rear on a non-rubicon TJ d30 front and d44 rear.
You'll also like the prices on these much better than PSC or most others.

http://www.solidaxle.com/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=7

Edited by - Stalker on 11/19/2013 8:06:00 PM

Lil Toe
Labadie, MO
Club Member
Posted - 20 November 2013 6:56  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Smoking deal there, I thought I did good getting my Riddler's for $90 each shipped.

marvin
Fenton, MO
Club Member
Posted - 20 November 2013 10:30  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Smokin deal is right! May have to get these for mine. How do you find these deals Stalker?
Holaday
St. Peters , MO
Club Member
Posted - 20 November 2013 15:41  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
FYI they have been that price for a little over 2 years...

Mine have held up well, but they are bulky if you do not have a lot of clearance between the TB and diff cover.

Elrod
St louis, MO
Club Member
Posted - 20 November 2013 16:45  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Soild Diff Cover and its great
chrispy
, CO
Club Member
Posted - 21 November 2013 10:39  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
i went with riddler (and crane) on my JK... its not a TJ44, but didnt have any clearance issues with steering or track bar.

heres an interesting and fun article..

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/154-0708-bulletproof-test/

pudggie
Oakville, MO
Club Member
Posted - 3 December 2013 6:41  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Just ordered my self a set from solid had them on my last rig and the worked great can't beat 180 for good diff cover and s
Lube locker gaskets to your door
2500HD
Waterloo, IL
Online Member
Posted - 4 December 2013 9:13  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I have rockcrushers (same as solid) on mine and just noticed my rear (D44) was rubbing on either te track bar or gas tank but deffinatly has a rub mark and that is street driving only. For the front it is extremely close (less than 1/8") to the tie rod when turning. I run the rugged ridge tie rod that is much larger in dia though. I'm set up with a 4" lift.
Forums | SWB Technical Forum | aftermarket diff covers on TJ D44 Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply