Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | LWB Technical Forum | 2001 XJ engine swap Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
ReverendOD
Fenton, MO
Online Member
Posted - 15 January 2014 1:19  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
My 2001 XJ suffered the cracked head which was replaced around 125K. Since then ive been plauged with low oil pressure due to bearing wear. Would a 1998 XJ 4.0 engine be a direct swap?
steveinil
columbia , IL
Club Member
Posted - 15 January 2014 7:7  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
should be very close the exhaust man and intake may be different i cant remember if the 98 had the coil packs if it doesnt the head will work (and is a stronger head) but the coil pack will just kinda hang there on the spark plugs unless you fab up a bracket or zip tie it up
i have a 2000 with a 96 4.0 in it so i know it will work work case is like i said swap out the intake and exhaust man
phishermanjohn
belleville, IL
Club Member
Posted - 15 March 2014 17:34  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
It had the distributor and different exhaust. Just swap the 01 to the 98 and you are golden.
Forums | LWB Technical Forum | 2001 XJ engine swap Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply