Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Mountain bikers Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
Bor
Manchester, MO
Online Member
Posted - 11 March 2014 11:46  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Any mountain bikers amongst the group?
Big Chief
St,Charles, MO
Online Member
Posted - 13 March 2014 12:41  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
i havea few but dont ride enough :/
Heisman
Manchester, MO
MWJT Director of PR
Posted - 13 March 2014 13:13  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I was until the kids were born. I hope to be again one day.
MarkR
Clarksville, TN
Online Member
Posted - 14 March 2014 8:23  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I try to hit a few of the mild trails around.
BLACKLOCK
Valmeyer, IL
Online Member
Posted - 14 March 2014 12:17  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I have one, but it mostly hangs in the garage anymore.
jeepr
Crestwood, MO
MWJT Webmaster
Posted - 15 March 2014 20:25  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
When I lived out by you, I used to ride Castlewood a lot, but last few years I've not been on it. I'm pretty sure I would die now.

Edited by - jeepr on 3/15/2014 8:25:27 PM

Mr Moke
St Peters, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 15 March 2014 21:59  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
The last time I tried Castlewood was with Jeepr. The mosquitoes tried to kill us.

BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!

Jersey
St Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 16 March 2014 8:25  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I'm really tryng to get into it this year. I hit Castelwood a couple of times last year and loved it. If you plan a ride, keep me posted.
Mr Moke
St Peters, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 16 March 2014 12:33  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Lost Valley is a good one too. Used to run it 3 times a week after work. That was 17 years ago. (wow).
Not sure I can do it now. It has some nice long hills. Much closer to us in St Charles county.

BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!

Bor
Manchester, MO
Online Member
Posted - 17 March 2014 9:15  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Weather is looking favorable from here on out. I ride in the winter with cold weather gear out at Lost Valley on the Wednesday night ride. Night riding (with lights) is fun even at 20*. Anyway, did 23 miles at Middle Fork this past Saturday. Wow that was great. Was supposed to do my first race (50 and older class 3 bracket) this past weekend "Leadbelt XC" at St Joe park. Canceled due to weather. Just love the sport. The physical and mental challenges it offers is greater than any other sport I have ever been involved with. Plus after the rides, beer is considered a recovery drink! BONUS!!!!!!
Bor
Manchester, MO
Online Member
Posted - 17 March 2014 9:24  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Jersey, If not already, familiarize yourself with the GORC website. GORCtrails is a wealth of info for mountain bikers. List all area trails even down into the Ozark region. You actually have some of the best trails in the area out in St Charles. Indian River, Matson, Lost Valley, even the Katy Trail.
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Mountain bikers Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed