Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Technical Forum | 90 XJ Multifunction Switch Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
wojo1989
Wildwood, MO
Online Member
Posted - 23 March 2014 15:34  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Has anyone changed one of these? Pretty much pull the steering wheel and replace correct?

Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as finding the correct part number? This is crazy.

Thanks,
Steve

Banjo
Arnold , MO
Club Member
Posted - 23 March 2014 21:54  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Be sure it's a multifunction switch and not two separate switches. Might be different but my YJ has two separate switches but if I didn't have a tilt wheel, it would be one multifunction switch. Check O'Reillys. They had the them for my YJ. Might be the same ones.
goatboy
saint louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 23 March 2014 22:5  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
If its the same as on a 87, it just pulls out of a socket.. the wire, that's another issue.. Its a little black wire with a flat plug under the dash, if you lay on your back and look for wires coming out of the steering column sleeve, you should see it.
Hard part is getting the new one ran down thru the sleeve.. I used piano wire.
Forums | General Technical Forum | 90 XJ Multifunction Switch Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed