Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Jeep Parts Classifieds | JK rear bumper and tire carrier Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
Heisman
Manchester, MO
MWJT Director of PR
Posted - 3 April 2014 11:11  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Does your JK factory tire carrier creak and groan under the weight of your heavy spare tire? Are you starting to pop spot welds on the tailgate because the factory carrier isn't strong enough? Are you unwilling to spend an obnoxious amount of cash on a new rear bumper and tire carrier? If you answered yes to any of those questions, today is your lucky day!

I got a great deal on a beefier rear bumper and tire carrier, so I'm selling the old one. It's a Rancho RS6221B like the one shown here:
http://www.gorancho.com/jkrockgear/rearbumper.php

It does mount a Hi-Lift jack, but I mount mine inside on the rollbar, so I don't know how well that works. It looks nice on the website, however.

The hinge is starting to sag slightly because the holes are starting to oval a little bit, but it could easily (and cheaply) be fixed if you have a few washers and a welder.

I did drill a couple of holes for my rear brake lights in the flange that the tire bolts to. They aren't even noticeable when the tire is mounted, however.

I also have the chopped ends of my factory bumper which bolt up nicely to cover the gap if you don't like the stubby look. I'll throw those in for free or throw them in the trash for free, your choice.

This thing is $500 new, I'll take $250 or best offer.

suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 3 April 2014 13:21  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Is there a receiver built in or is this picture just showing it at a freakish angle?
I'm interested.
Heisman
Manchester, MO
MWJT Director of PR
Posted - 3 April 2014 16:31  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
No receiver. The one you see is the factory one (if your jeep came with one equipped).
suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 4 April 2014 10:39  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Gotcha!!
Heisman
Manchester, MO
MWJT Director of PR
Posted - 9 April 2014 9:32  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
bump
still for sale
ss&j
high ridge , MO
Online Member
Posted - 9 April 2014 19:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
hey give me a call
314 630 7092
636 671 7068
thanx stan
Heisman
Manchester, MO
MWJT Director of PR
Posted - 14 April 2014 7:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Sold! Thanks, Stan.
ss&j
high ridge , MO
Online Member
Posted - 14 April 2014 16:55  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
your very welcome thank you
Forums | Jeep Parts Classifieds | JK rear bumper and tire carrier Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply