Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | General Discussion Forum | Speed Racer Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
Bor
Manchester, MO
Online Member
Posted - 4 April 2014 8:45  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Ok--- so I'm driving into work today and was in the Rock Hill area when I noticed a white Ford Ranger pick up with a number 5 on the side (maybe company truck number 5). It struck me as being very familiar in the way the number 5 was set in a red round background and also the font used on the number 5 itself. As I passed him I noticed that the hood had yet another familiar identification that looked liked the outline of a hood scoop ---- Bang it hit me-- the hood had the very elongated "M" on it which means this guy had his white Ford Ranger marked as "Speed Racers Mach 5." For those who know what I am talking about, Speed Racer was a cartoon in the 70s. Comical to say the least "(and the chicks probably really dig it)"
suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 4 April 2014 10:36  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I wanted a monkey like Chim Chim
chrispy
, CO
Online Member
Posted - 4 April 2014 17:22  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
http://www.therealmach5.com/Default.aspx

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2012/11/23/man-builds-replica-speed-racer-mach-5s-from-c4-corvettes/

Bor
Manchester, MO
Online Member
Posted - 5 April 2014 8:8  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
I always got pumped when Racer X showed up or the "Mammoth Car". Pops always reminded me of Ernest Bourgnine.
XPI-- thanks for the visuals--- I new I wasn't "seeing things"
suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 8 April 2014 10:23  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Bor, as I kid, I used to think Pops was cool.

Now as an adult, I think he had a drinking problem or something!! LOL

1 Long CJ
Highland, IL
Online Member
Posted - 9 April 2014 8:10  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I've got Speed Racer episodes on VHS if anyone's interested.
Bor
Manchester, MO
Online Member
Posted - 9 April 2014 10:42  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
If my memory serves me correctly, there was always an undertone between Speed and Racer X as if Racer X was a long lost brother. Maybe Pops was an alcoholic and was the reason for Racer X to leave the family at an early age. HMMMM
doubleg
Hazelwood, MO
Online Member
Posted - 9 April 2014 11:54  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Racer X was his brother, that's why he always managed to protect Speed. Pops acknowledged it in one of the episodes I think. That would be a good cartoon to remake, or did they do that already. Seems they are remaking everything. My kids were watching a remake of Tom and Jerry yesterday. Talk about bringing back memories.
suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 9 April 2014 12:33  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Caitin came home from her dad's one time talking about this cool NEW show she'd found called Gilligan's Island!! LOL

And yeah, Pops needed a clue

Forums | General Discussion Forum | Speed Racer Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply