Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | SWB Technical Forum | Blew out a TK Hardtop window Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
MacGuy
Ballwin, MO
Online Member
Posted - 11 April 2014 9:50  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Who is the Hardtop Glass expert on here? I remember someone suggesting a glass person but it's been quite a while. I'd rather get the thing replaced by someone who has done it previously....

Thx!

Jerry "MacGuy"

JN JEEP 2
Centralia, IL
Club Member
Posted - 11 April 2014 11:23  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
My local glass places couldn't get a side glass when I blew one out. Or couldn't get one for the price they initially quoted.

They told me if I could find a glass, they would put it in.

I found one from Morris 4x4 for a good price and then had the glass people put it in. They didn't charge too much. $75? $125? I just don't remember.

Morris:

http://search-parts.jeep4x4center.com/search?p=Q&srid=S12-USCDR02&lbc=jeep4x4center&ts=custom&w=hard%20top%20glass&uid=333877867&method=and&isort=score&view=grid&srt=0

MacGuy
Ballwin, MO
Online Member
Posted - 11 April 2014 13:2  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Thanks Morris,

any idea on the coast of the glass?

Jerry "MacGuy"

Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 11 April 2014 14:33  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Haha new nic :)
MacGuy
Ballwin, MO
Online Member
Posted - 21 April 2014 10:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
This has been an absolute nightmare. I finally found someone who could install the glass.. after I purchased my own because local glass shops told me that tinted glass was not-OEM. One even argued with me about it.

So two weeks later, I still have duct tape holding in the window!

If you ever have this happen to you, Spencer Auto Glass is the ONLY one I've found that will install a new pane, besides the dealer.

Jerry "MacGuy"

Forums | SWB Technical Forum | Blew out a TK Hardtop window Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed