Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | SWB Technical Forum | Ground for guages? Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
79star
Evansville , IL
Online Member
Posted - 30 April 2014 20:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Have the famous gauge problem in an 89 yj. Cleaned connection, clock is working, Speedo is somewhat working, none of the other gauges are working. Assuming is has to be a one wire problem. Prefer not to take the dash apart if someone else knows the fix. Thanks
Bounty Hunter

Honorary Lifetime,
Online Member
Posted - 30 April 2014 21:31  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
The center gauge cluster is one unit, with a circuit board for all connections. I recommend removing it and cleaning the contacts on the circuit board. Check for broken contacts.
79star
Evansville , IL
Online Member
Posted - 30 April 2014 22:51  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Did that. The mice have had a run through this one, so I was hoping there were specific ground/power locations to look for. Thanks
Forums | SWB Technical Forum | Ground for guages? Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed