Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Jeep Parts Classifieds | carb Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend
Author Topic
jim56squirrel
Bridgeton, MO
Online Member
Posted - 12 June 2014 17:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Hi All! My 1990 YJ (Mistress Beech), needs a carb. Engine is a 4.2, 248, auto trans. Looking for a very solid rebuilder, or new?
Thanks, Jim
Outlaws_41
New Florence, MO
Online Member
Posted - 22 June 2014 22:14  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I've got a motorcraft 2100 that is in like new condition. I believe I have the adapter plate for it as well. Let me know if know if you're interested and we can work out a price.
jim56squirrel
Bridgeton, MO
Online Member
Posted - 23 June 2014 17:6  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Hi,,, cool. I am going to have to look up a motorcraft 2100. Is this something you were going to use for a 4.2? I will have more questions,,, I gotta get out and finish my front brakes before it rains,,, maybe!
Looking forward to your reply...
See ya,,, Jim
Outlaws_41
New Florence, MO
Online Member
Posted - 24 June 2014 19:4  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I had it on my YJ with a 4.2. I've since upgraded the head to a 4.0 head. My son has kinda taken it over and is looking to do a junkyard tbi upgrade, so we don't need the motorcraft anymore. It worked pretty good, much better than the old carter carb. I'll check and make sure I still have everything. With the adapter plate, it's pretty much just a bolt on if you have a downward pull throttle. It has the brackets on it already to just hook it up. And like I said, it's practically new. I bought it on ebay a while back from a guy that rebuilds them.
jim56squirrel
Bridgeton, MO
Online Member
Posted - 29 June 2014 11:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Thanks for the info, it helps. I do have an automatic, is yours? Sorry for my delay in reply, I have been wrapped up with brakes, still unfinished. All new parts, now, no pedal... I need to bleed and see where am with the brakes... 1 thing at a time, :)Still interested in the carb....
Thanks
jeepdirtboy69
dutzow, MO
Online Member
Posted - 29 June 2014 17:13  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I feel the 2100 is the best conversion for a 258. Other then efi of course. I use to have my old cj standing up on a wall or face down a cliff and still fire up every time. Winter- summer- hot-cold, never mattered. Loved it.
Outlaws_41
New Florence, MO
Online Member
Posted - 29 June 2014 20:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Mine is a 5 speed, I would imagine it would just as well with an automatic.
jim56squirrel
Bridgeton, MO
Online Member
Posted - 17 July 2014 5:38  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Ok, although my Jeep has been running great,,, I am interested..... Do we chat money stuff on here, or ?
Forums | Jeep Parts Classifieds | carb Thread Closed Send Topic To a Friend

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed