Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Trail Head | Washita Open Wheeling weekend with camping option Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2 
Author Topic
suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 8 July 2014 21:13  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Open wheeling July 26 and 27. I got the word from John and PRIMITIVE camping will be allowed in the field. It was partially mowed up around the fire ring. $10 per tent. There will be a port a potty available. No inside toilets will be available for our use. Two day wheeling fees will be $40 for non-MWJT members and $35 for MWJT members. NO passenger fees. One day rates are $30 for non members and $25.00 for members. Please enter through the SECOND entrance since the first one is for Asymmetic customers. There are now sandwiches and drinks (and Asymmetric items) available through the pro shop (little brown hut). No alcohol available in coolers that go out on the trail. If you choose to camp and have a few beverages around the campfire, you will be expected to leave that cooler back at camp.
Jonbo
Zalma, MO
Club Member
Posted - 9 July 2014 16:29  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I hope I'm put back together for this!
Jonbo
Zalma, MO
Club Member
Posted - 13 July 2014 21:25  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
On the Washita FB page under photos, it shows them being open 19 and 20. Is that a typo?
Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 13 July 2014 21:30  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Yes, it was. That was the original date that was being discussed, but there was a conflict. July 26-27 is the correct date.
That photo is deleted now to avoid confusion.
suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 13 July 2014 21:36  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I deleted it once also. I think it's haunted and keeps coming back. Lol
Bob
St. Louis, MO
Club Member
Posted - 14 July 2014 21:9  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I have been eyeballing this open wheeling weekend and wonder how many folks are headed down there. I've only been to Washita once so I don't know my way around . . .
Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 15 July 2014 18:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
There should be plenty of people you can hook up with.

There are paper trail maps and even a phone app which is like street GPS for the trails there and at the other parks around as well as in Moab and Colorado. It's called Everytrail Pro. Get the paid version which lets you download the map info to your phone. With the free version when you lose cell signal, you lose your map too. It's only a few dollars.

If you want to print a trail map they are here.
http://www.myworkdomain.com/Washita/

Edited by - Stalker on 7/16/2014 9:37:19 AM

a_schenavar
Farmington, MO
Online Member
Posted - 19 July 2014 17:21  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Looking into maybe attending this since I missed out on the Sayersbrook trip..anybody plan on hitting up the easier trails? My 08 JK is only a few weeks old to me and it's awful pretty to be messing up lol
shotwell
Gerald, MO
Club Member
Posted - 19 July 2014 20:38  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
If I go,I`m going to run the easier trails.
texasjack
Florissant, MO
Club Member
Posted - 20 July 2014 10:48  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
We are going to try and make it down there for Sunday. What time do the trail rides start in the mornings?
suzjeep
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 20 July 2014 11:16  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
jeepr
Crestwood, MO
MWJT Webmaster
Posted - 21 July 2014 19:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
texasjack, since you said "trail rides", just to clarify, the park is just open, this is not an organized event with groups and leaders, etc.
JK4Wheel
Belleville, IL
Online Member
Posted - 25 July 2014 11:17  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I'm going to be there Sunday morning, Haven't been wheeling in a while. Going to ride light and moderate trails. Looking forward to hitting the trails.
PNYCUK
St. Peters, MO
Club Member
Posted - 25 July 2014 18:15  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I'll be there tomorrow at 9. Going to run the easy trails.
Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 26 July 2014 21:9  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I know the weekend is only half over, but Carnage Report?

Bush was kind enough to take the bulk of it for our group.

I might have scratched a wheel. I'll have to check tomorrow when it gets washed.

jjsryd
pocahontas, IL
Online Member
Posted - 28 July 2014 8:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Had a great time on sunday thanks for letting the lone truggy run.
Forums | Trail Head | Washita Open Wheeling weekend with camping option Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply