Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Trail Head | Pop up Run after Thanksgiving- Superlift Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 3 Pages Long:    1 2 3 
Author Topic
JaneS
Chesterfield, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 8 September 2013 8:46  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
A group of us are trying to put together a trip to Superlift off road park in Hot Springs AR after Thanksgiving. Not sure on the details yet, like when leaving or where staying, but we will get it nailed down.

I have not been to the park, but others tell me it is fantastic. Trails for all levels. Laid out in an access road with trails looping off fashion- similar to SMORR.

For those newer to the club, a pop up run is a non club sanctioned event, and as such it is not quite as formal or organized by trail type. Guides are not provided. The group heading down will be running difficult to extreme. If you are a mild-mod wheeler interested in attending, please grab a wheeling buddy and join us! We will all be exploring, and it is sure to be a great time!!

Holaday
St. Peters , MO
Club Member
Posted - 8 September 2013 9:29  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Hoping to make this one
Lil Toe
Labadie, MO
Club Member
Posted - 8 September 2013 10:33  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Hmmm, Google is saying a little over 6.5 hrs from 270/44 taking 55 to 40 in Arkansas. That's not bad, but 450 miles at an avg of 60 is closer to 7.5 hrs for us pulling two Jeeps.

I'm somewhat easy on this one, but I think I'd rather leave Thursday afternoon, wheel all day Fri and Sat and come home Sunday.

But...if the group feels driving down Friday and wheeling Sat & Sun and coming home Monday is better, I can live with that too.

I'm in the belief that driving that far you have to have two full days of wheeling to be worth the fuel.

Discuss...

JaneS
Chesterfield, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 8 September 2013 10:51  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
No discussion needed on our end. We agree wholeheartedly. We plan to drive loaded jeeps to thanksgiving lunch and leave right after.
goatboy
saint louis, MO
Club Member
Posted - 8 September 2013 19:51  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Im in on this one for sure..
I might actually take it kinda easy at JS to preserve what remains of my jeep.
Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 8 September 2013 22:30  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
We're planning on going. We'll likely head down Tuesday or Wednesday and have Thanksgiving with Bailer in Malvern, AR.
bassman jeff
st. peters, MO
Club Member
Posted - 10 September 2013 20:26  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Bob C and I will be there
BobC
Saint Peters, MO
Club Member
Posted - 11 September 2013 16:23  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
We will be leaving Thursday late afternoon sometime and be at Superlift Thusday night.Ready to Wheel Friday morning.
JaneS
Chesterfield, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 11 September 2013 17:56  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
We are on a similar schedule. :-)
safetyguy
Fairview Heights, IL
Online Member
Posted - 12 September 2013 7:39  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I used to make the trip from the Lou to SW Arkansas often. The fastest way is to take hwy 67 all the way to Little rock. Grab Hwy 30 and roll into HOtsprings...5 hours to little rock....1 to hot springs/

Mephis and Hwy 40 takes about an 1 to 1.5 hours longer.

67 is new 4 lane all the way to the Ark line. On 2 lane for about 30 miles and back on 4 lane lane north of little rock. Actually very scenic below Poplar Bluff, MO

I might try and make this one. The creek trail has my name on it...Never finished it. Been there 4 times and everytime, somebody broke....

Boyer343
Belleville, IL
Club Member
Posted - 16 September 2013 15:54  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I may be interested depending on funds.
blondie
Kirkwood, MO
Club Member
Posted - 17 September 2013 8:27  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Doubtful...I have to work on Friday after turkey day, and 6 hours (the distance I have been told) is a long haul without a trailer. I will probably stay home and spend the weekend with my sis and the kids.
JaneS
Chesterfield, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 23 September 2013 21:6  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Booo, but I understand.
Bushwhacker
, IL
Club Member
Posted - 24 September 2013 7:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I think we are going to try to make this as well.
Lil Toe
Labadie, MO
Club Member
Posted - 24 September 2013 18:47  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Looks like it will be a good time:

http://www.orvpark.com/event-items/turkey-run-2013/

Troy352
Bloomsdale, MO
Club Member
Posted - 25 September 2013 10:34  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I will have my co-pilot and we are in.
Forums | Trail Head | Pop up Run after Thanksgiving- Superlift Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 3 Pages Long:    1 2 3

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply