Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Tow Rig Tech | Load range E tires, Air pressure Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2 
Author Topic
chrispy
, CO
Online Member
Posted - 30 July 2013 8:51  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
my experience with our 2012's is that the dealers machine only has specific programming, they couldnt 'dial in' a random setting, but the computer only has settings for certain tires that were offered on a similar vehicle... when they tried to get ours down, it messed up the upper limits as well.
loadbreak
High Ridge, MO
MWJT Vendor Relations
Posted - 30 July 2013 16:8  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Ya, It is kinda a pain. I will see what happens if I de-select the trailer setting if I can go back to the previous pressures without the TPMS light showing up.
jeepr
Crestwood, MO
MWJT Webmaster
Posted - 30 July 2013 21:6  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Wow, that's very high tech. That and all the emissions crap on the 6.7 Cummins (but I know you have a gasser) is why I'll keep my old fashioned 5.9.
Lil Toe
Labadie, MO
Club Member
Posted - 31 July 2013 7:10  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I'm thinking a Sharpie or a piece of electrical tape will fix that light just fine.

This is just another reason (price being the major one) I hope I never have to buy a new truck, I'll keep fixing my old junk.

And to answer the original question, I run my D's at 50 psi unloaded or with the little trailer and 65 psi with the gooseneck.

Edited by - Lil Toe on 7/31/2013 7:11:28 AM

Forums | Tow Rig Tech | Load range E tires, Air pressure Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply